Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 06, 2018, 10:29:15 AM
Incredibles 2 - 7/10

Pretty entertaining, and somewhat original story.
Just watched it. 8/10, with a 11/10 for the Edna short subject.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

The Lego Movie(2014) - 9/10

Very imaginative and entertaining, especially the ending sequences.

the_antithesis

First Man

I do not know why I saw this movie. For some reason, for the last two years, my family takes me to a Ryan Gosling movie on my birthday.  Last year we saw the Blade Runner sequel and I think I was the only one who... appreciated that one. I can't say like. So this year we see a movie I never heard of because my finger is waaaaaay off the pulse. I don't care about movies anymore. Fuck that shit. At first I had no idea what this movie was about. Adam? It's Ryan Gosling. Is he a robot? No. Close. He's Neil Armstrong. Okay. The Right Stuff this ain't. I was alternatively bored and wondering if this was historically accurate. I was never swept up in the story. I imagine my family was more interested since Armstrong's daughter died of cancer like my niece, but that ain't good enough for me. It lacked something. I'm not sure what. Part of it was Armstrong was a very reserved person so we don't see any emotion from him and the director had no idea of how to convey emotion outside of Ryan Goslings stony face. I came away from this with nothing but wondering why. Why was this movie made? Why was this movie so boring? Why did we go to see it.

All I know is if next year we see another fucking Ryan Gosling movie... twice is happenstance, three times is enemy action.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on November 12, 2018, 01:39:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM
I can't wait to see the Pitch Meeting for that.

Producer:  "So you have a Pokemon movie for me.  You mean an animated film with Ash and company?
Writer:  "No.  Live action.  And no Ash, just Pikachu.  And he's a detective."
Producer:  *confused*
Writer:  "There's a video game about it."
Producer:  "Oh, it's a movie based on a video game.  Those always do well.  I'm sold!"
*beat*
*music tone*
*newspaper article about lackluster ticket sales*

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on November 12, 2018, 01:39:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM

I've always wanted a live action Pokemon movie. This isn't what I was expecting, but I love it. I have to see this. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 12, 2018, 10:51:54 PM
I've always wanted a live action Pokemon movie. This isn't what I was expecting, but I love it. I have to see this. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbxUe-S2V8
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on November 12, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbxUe-S2V8

Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you ever saw:

A live action Pikachu couldn't look much better.

This doesn't seem like the typical live action cash grab shit either. I don't think this is going to be another Smurfs or Garfield movie. It's a weird concept, yeah, but based on what I've seen so far, it looks like it's made by people who care about Pokemon. The weirdness of the movie might actually be helping to pull me in. If this were just a live action Pokemon move, I'd be excited, but this Detective Pokemon movie has me curious to see how this plays out.

Strange that Nintendo is suddenly willing to let people make live action movies of their IPs again. For decades, it seemed like the Super Mario movie just killed any chance of Nintendo letting that happen again. Now this and the Mario movie... Maybe Detective Pikachu is their way of testing the waters before making a full fledged Pokemon movie.
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 13, 2018, 12:02:51 AM
Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you ever saw
Okay, that's not the cutest thing I ever saw.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

That blue one sounded like Will Smith.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 13, 2018, 03:54:31 PM
That blue one sounded like Will Smith.

First they are child actors.  Then they are adult actors (character or romantic lead).  Then when they reach second childhood, they do voice overs for cartoons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Vin Diesel did "Groot" because his children asked him to.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Overlords 4/10

Not much scare, but fairly heavy on gross.  I was somewhat bored.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on November 14, 2018, 08:21:01 AM
Overlords 4/10

Not much scare, but fairly heavy on gross.  I was somewhat bored.
"Overlord".
PZ Myers