News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 05, 2018, 07:27:08 AM
If Thanos had been in control of the Great Dying, ALL of the Avengers would have been smoked.

I look forward to seeing that movie.  I MIGHT even go to a theater during school hours.  Or rent it like I did Dr Strange last week.  Apparently, I have accumulated bonus points that apply to rentals.  Dr Strange wasn't "free" in the sense of anyone downloading it, but it was for me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

A fun little companion website all for Infinity War: 

Everyone needs to go here immediately after they watch the movie and share your results!

[spoiler]Did Thanos kill me?

I lived![/spoiler]

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 05, 2018, 03:35:40 AM
No one ever dies forever in the Marvel Universe...
Except Petey's Uncle Ben.

Unless they brought him back since I quit reading Marvel 25 years ago.  And if they did, they probably wrapped him in the Venom costume and welded knives to him somewhere... *sigh*
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on May 05, 2018, 08:37:52 PM
Except Petey's Uncle Ben.

Unless they brought him back since I quit reading Marvel 25 years ago.  And if they did, they probably wrapped him in the Venom costume and welded knives to him somewhere... *sigh*

Alternate universe uncle Ben

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 05, 2018, 08:42:19 PM

Alternate universe uncle Ben

Simple...  There is a multiverse where Peter's Uncle Ben didn't die (an infinite number of them actually - and an equally infinite number where he did).  And The Fantastic Four enter there chasing Dr Doom, and Uncle Ben helps them, so he gets caught in the vortex as they return to their Earth "Prime" (and actually, how would they know for sure)... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Watched guardians of the galaxy vol. 2
I liked it. 1 was better though.
But baby groot was adorable as hell.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 07, 2018, 06:23:21 AM
Watched guardians of the galaxy vol. 2
I liked it. 1 was better though.
It's a tough call, although all of this amounts personal opinion and a few other factors.  Right after I saw vol. 2, my immediate reaction, like you,  was "1 was better," but after I watched 2 a couple of times, and understanding it better, I liked it more.  I liked it more still, after I watched 1 again, because the two dovetail so well, and while both stand alone well enough, they are both better from the additional understanding gained from the other.

I've taken to watching Marvel movies at the theater in 3D, because Marvel seems to know how to build films around the technology, and does it fairly well.  The end of Guardians 2 when all the ravagers show up to honor Yondu was quite a spectacle in 3D, one of the best 3D scenes I've seen, and OK, I was already in tears over losing a poor misunderstood addition to the team.  Of course, I can't experience the 3D at home, and probably never will since 3D seems to be hanging on by a thread, and few studios in Hollywood don't know what to do with it, anyway.

For me, which is better is now a toss up.  I can't decide at this time.

Gawdzilla Sama

GotG:2 had a kickass opening scene, better than 1 by a long shot.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 07, 2018, 07:48:31 AM
It's a tough call, although all of this amounts personal opinion and a few other factors.  Right after I saw vol. 2, my immediate reaction, like you,  was "1 was better," but after I watched 2 a couple of times, and understanding it better, I liked it more.  I liked it more still, after I watched 1 again, because the two dovetail so well, and while both stand alone well enough, they are both better from the additional understanding gained from the other.
I think 2 is way better.  More and better action, funnier humor, much better villain, even better music and shenanigans during the end credits (Dancing Groot was good but we see several funny/interesting scenes in #2 and both songs hit just the right tone imo).  Plus, Ben Browder.

I also really liked the movie's overall theme of family - juxtaposing Quill's biological family with his non-biological family.  Very touching.

Draconic Aiur

Watched Avengers Infinity war gave it a 7.3/10

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 07, 2018, 08:29:59 AM
I think 2 is way better.  More and better action, funnier humor, much better villain, even better music and shenanigans during the end credits (Dancing Groot was good but we see several funny/interesting scenes in #2 and both songs hit just the right tone imo).  Plus, Ben Browder.

I also really liked the movie's overall theme of family - juxtaposing Quill's biological family with his non-biological family.  Very touching.
There are elements in each that aren't in the other, and many of them are wonderfully special and almost but not quite seemed missing in the opposing film. [spoiler] I loved the way the gold people used the remote fighter crafts that made computer sounds like Donkey Kong.  And player pilots would huddle around the last player still at it after their own fighters were shot down and cheer him on.  What a screwy bunch of advanced aliens.[/spoiler]

Shiranu

I have to admit, I can't really remember anything about the villain from the first, other than the vaguest details. nearly everything about the second was as good or better, imo.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on May 07, 2018, 01:16:14 PM
I have to admit, I can't really remember anything about the villain from the first, other than the vaguest details.
Well, don't worry, he's coming back.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on May 07, 2018, 01:16:14 PM
I have to admit, I can't really remember anything about the villain from the first, other than the vaguest details. nearly everything about the second was as good or better, imo.
They don't have much screen time, and there's the big villain and the lesser.  The lesser does some villain stuff at the end and also gives Drax a dunking in a pool of toxic crap mid film, so he seems like the big one, but I remember mostly scenes where they just seem to be plotting and threatening each other and sending off minions who get most of the screen time.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 07, 2018, 01:04:53 PM
There are elements in each that aren't in the other, and many of them are wonderfully special and almost but not quite seemed missing in the opposing film. [spoiler] I loved the way the gold people used the remote fighter crafts that made computer sounds like Donkey Kong.  And player pilots would huddle around the last player still at it after their own fighters were shot down and cheer him on.  What a screwy bunch of advanced aliens.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It's the smart way to do things.  What kind of idiot would risk death in combat??  The drones aren't quite as good as manned spacecraft, but quantity has a quality all its own.  Plus, when you lose a battle, all you have to replace are the ships.

That sort of thinking is exactly why they needed the Guardians to guard the harbulary batteries.[/spoiler]