News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 11:16:54 AM
Did you pay attention when the loving couple hugged?
I guess I missed that.  Did the scene reveal something?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2018, 11:13:16 AM
That question was the one thing I liked about the movie.  At the end, Natalie Portman speculates they had no evil intentions.  For all the death and destruction, it was just something they did, like humans polluting the environment with carbon dioxide, lead, or fluorocarbons.

That was the premise of the last Godzilla movie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2018, 11:19:50 AM
I guess I missed that.  Did the scene reveal something?
We don't have a spoiler tag on this forum?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 11:49:08 AM
We don't have a spoiler tag on this forum?
Sorry.  I really apologize.  I don't know why I didn't use a spoiler.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
Sorry.  I really apologize.  I don't know why I didn't use a spoiler.
I mean I don't know what the spoiler tags are here. I don't see them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

[spoiler]I don't think spoiler tags work right now.[/spoiler]
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 10, 2018, 03:37:21 PM
[spoiler]I don't think spoiler tags work right now.[/spoiler]
Okay, then. Lay on, McDuff. When the loving couple were reunited at the end of the movie their eyes had an unearthly glow. Subtle, but there. Obviously the event was not over. And given that this is the first book of a trilogy it could hardly be.

And remember, "All great trilogies come in threes!"
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 01:11:42 PM
Nor do I, now that you mention it.  Damn, I apologized for nothing.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on March 10, 2018, 04:25:21 PM
Nor do I, now that you mention it.  Damn, I apologized for nothing.
We'll credit your account. It may take 30-90 days for it to show in your records.
PZ Myers

aitm

Roman J Isreal, Esquire.....Denzel as always, fine acting. The story line is old but true. Overall, the movie was hoping for a better outcome but then realizing the outcome was as to be expected given the circumstances. Not bad, but I would not recommend it....one of those movies that leaves you sullen and slightly annoyed you watched it. Good acting throughout, but afterward it is a movie you just wished you didn't spend the time to watch.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Has there been a discussion about Thor: Ragnarok?  I've been watching the teasers on TV and sort of laughing.  It's one thing to know the mythology, another thing to see Thor lose his hammer, the Hulk being involved.  Is it a comedy/parody of the myth or a last-ditch effort to extend the Thor/Hulk series?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Sal1981

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 10:29:49 AM
Annihilation  7/10 Aliens(?) come to Earth and want to change things. Do they or don't they?
Yeah, just saw it. It had more potential to go on the alien bend, but sorta aims low, IMO, although I give it an 8/10 just because of the unraveling story.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 10:43:10 AM
Has there been a discussion about Thor: Ragnarok?  I've been watching the teasers on TV and sort of laughing.  It's one thing to know the mythology, another thing to see Thor lose his hammer, the Hulk being involved.  Is it a comedy/parody of the myth or a last-ditch effort to extend the Thor/Hulk series?
Yeah, it's a comedy/parody.  I enjoyed it three times so far, but it probably depends on your taste in humor.  Marvel makes an effort not to take Thor too seriously in the three stand alone movies, but not so much when he appears as an Avenger.  He makes humanlike mistakes, falls down, gets hit by cars, and often acts like a dufus.  The latest movie takes those qualities even further.  He has a very brief encounter with Dr. Strange that I'm looking forward to seeing again.  Dr. Strange treats him as kind of a clod, where Thor can't quite seem to hold his own, even though he tries.  It's not some sort of competition between the two.  I get the feeling they will always be friends, but with Dr. Strange playing a version of Abbot to Thor's Costello. 

And I think I'm falling in love with Cate Blanchett.

Baruch

I remember her (Cate) younger, she can be my Elvish Queen any day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.