News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 08:16:54 AM
The odd non-show of Dr Strange is irritating.   I am patient about seeing movies, but this one baffles me.

The supernatural is real.  In this case, supernatural branding.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 08:16:54 AM
The odd non-show of Dr Strange is irritating.   I am patient about seeing movies, but this one baffles me.
It doesn't seem to be at Redbox either, although Redbox is mostly limited to recent movies.  I'm not sure exactly when the "recent" expires and they remove it.  Maybe they never did have it, and I didn't notice because I already bought it.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on December 23, 2017, 10:29:43 AM
It doesn't seem to be at Redbox either, although Redbox is mostly limited to recent movies.  I'm not sure exactly when the "recent" expires and they remove it.  Maybe they never did have it, and I didn't notice because I already bought it.

The vanishing Dr Strange...  Like his Greenbwich Village house...  Perhaps it was awful and no one wants to show it, But *I* want to see it (but not own it). 

Dr Strange was one of my favorite Marvel characters.  I even had an opening movie theme song in mind.

To the tune of Frer Jacque...  And sung by off-note children...

"Dr Stange, Dr Strange,
Dormamuu, Dormamuu
Mindless Ones are coming,
Where are you?
Where are you...   

LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 10:36:21 AM
The vanishing Dr Strange...  Like his Greenbwich Village house...  Perhaps it was awful and no one wants to show it, But *I* want to see it (but not own it). 

Dr Strange was one of my favorite Marvel characters.  I even had an opening movie theme song in mind.

To the tune of Frer Jacque...  And sung by off-note children...

"Dr Stange, Dr Strange,
Dormamuu, Dormamuu
Where are you?
Where are you...   

LOL!

100 bonus points!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Actually, 'Oz The Great And Powerful' was a pretty decent movie.  I've watched it several times.

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 23, 2017, 12:58:28 PM
Can I get the stuffed Tiger? (said Calvin)...

Only if you can throw balls to knock down all the bottles with Trump's face on them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 23, 2017, 01:58:23 PM
Only if you can throw balls to knock down all the bottles with Trump's face on them ;-)

Unlikely.  I guess we will have to set up a tiger rope trap.  Bait is peanut butter sandwiches.

Hydra009

I'm going to go watch The Last Jedi tonight.  I can't wait to find out more about Snoke - his identity, his backstory, his goals.  This is going to be great!

Shiranu

To rewatch, "Spirited Away" or to rewatch the original Star Wars...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 25, 2017, 04:48:18 PM
I'm going to go watch The Last Jedi tonight.  I can't wait to find out more about Snoke - his identity, his backstory, his goals.  This is going to be great!

Boarding train for Disappointmet Town. All aboard!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 26, 2017, 02:01:16 AM
Boarding train for Disappointmet Town. All aboard!

Yeah, I was waiting for him to leave before I said something :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Got several bluerays/dvds this month I've not watched yet, rise of the guardians, the pass, legend of Korra, batman Harley Quinn, moonlight. Gonna settle down in the new year and watch them then.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Legend of Korra is brilliant.

Also, just finished watching "Spirited Away" for the 3rd time. It's a movie that only gets better with each watching. I never appreciated the poetry of the train scene, but now... it's almost tear inducing how beautiful it is.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on December 26, 2017, 05:19:40 AM
Legend of Korra is brilliant.

Also, just finished watching "Spirited Away" for the 3rd time. It's a movie that only gets better with each watching. I never appreciated the poetry of the train scene, but now... it's almost tear inducing how beautiful it is.

I just now remembered the Spirited Away movie!  I was deeply impressed.  Thank you for reminding me of that one.