News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notthesun

I loved Logan and Get Out. So good! Kong: Skull Island was also a blast!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Sorginak

Split
5/5

Truly, another amazing masterpiece from  M. Night Shyamalan.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Sorginak on March 15, 2017, 09:58:13 PM
Split
5/5

Truly, another amazing masterpiece from  M. Night Shyamalan.
I'm hot and cold, when it comes to M. Night Shyamalan. The 6th Sense, and Unbreakable were great, but Signs was unwatchable.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 15, 2017, 10:16:40 PM
I'm hot and cold, when it comes to M. Night Shyamalan. The 6th Sense, and Unbreakable were great, but Signs was unwatchable.

THE village was quite enjoyable, definitely watching it THE first time.
Avatar THE last airbender was unforgiveable.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Warcraft - 2/10

Not even all the special effects can redeem this piece of shit of a movie.

Gawdzilla Sama

Kong 4.5/5 "Frustrated military man on a death ride" has been done to death. Otherwise, much fun.

Still can't figure out how that handprint matched the contours of the cliff, however.

Logan 3/5 Too long.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

King Kong 8/10

Three things that bothered me, although nit picky, they were jarring.  1. The story wasn't much.  Basically, get from point A to point B without dying while some members of the party make boneheaded decisions.  Some don't make it, although those who die just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  2.  King Kong was scripted as a meat eater, and 3.  Arora Borealis lighted up the night sky with a brilliant display (in the South Pacific Ocean).

But while redoing a plot I've seen several times, it did have some good moments, and one humorous exchange made me laugh for a long time.  However, the special effects and the scenery were something else entirely.  Inspite of the simplistic plot, probably, the best King Kong yet.  But then, King Kong has never been acclaimed as one Hollywood's greatest cinematic achievements.  Maybe the old black and white, because it was the cutting edge of special effects at it's time.

I saw it in 3D, and the cinematography lent itself well to that.  Definitely worth seeing for adventure fans.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 16, 2017, 07:36:55 AMLogan 3/5 Too long.
"Your mom thought I was long enough, bub." - Logan, probably

aitm

Haven't watched Kong, but out of curiosity I would ask you if the size of the island and the size of Kong would suggest that after 5-10 years of roaming the area would leave quite a wide swath of path destruction....was that part of the film or was it like a completely whole jungle where they "dropped" a massive gorilla into the middle of it?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 16, 2017, 07:53:58 PM
"Your mom thought I was long enough, bub." - Logan, probably
I guess some traits aren't inheritable. :(
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

So not interested in watching Kong, but I did see Logan.

I did not think the movie was too long, but the ending left me wanting more, especially considering the fact that Hugh Jackman stated that was his last performance as Wolverine.

Munch

They were going to add other elements to the movie, but left it out to create the feeling of bleakness and loneliness logan would be feeling. Also this is the old man logan story which is an alternative reality story, with the difference being he dies in the end instead of time traveling back
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sorginak

Though, upon more reflection, I do suppose they were attempting to make the point that Logan will continue to live on in his daughter. 

Solomon Zorn

It's in the first post, you guys:

Quote from: GalacticBusDriver on February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM
Please, please, please use spoiler tags around any spoilers.

Quote from: Munch on March 16, 2017, 08:58:18 PM
...he dies in the end instead of time traveling back

Quote from: Sorginak on March 16, 2017, 08:59:58 PM
...Logan will continue to live on in his daughter. 

Thanks a lot.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Sorginak