Author Topic: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)  (Read 123771 times)

Online Cavebear

Re: What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)
« Reply #1545 on: July 17, 2018, 05:02:10 AM »
I keep my radio presets eclectic.  Everything from classical music to classic rock to the most modern stuff.  And on the "most modern" I amused to hear a commercial advertising diaper services.  LOL!  Everyone grows up eventually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #1546 on: July 17, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »
I don't know if you'll find this of any interest or not, but I like it:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:33:12 PM by Unbeliever »
"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A, I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them."
Will Hurd

Offline trdsf

« Reply #1547 on: July 17, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
I don't know if you'll find this of any interest or not, but I like it:
I am going to be spending the rest of the month looking for patterns in the Recamán Sequence... that is *exactly* the kind of maths I love playing with.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

« Reply #1548 on: July 17, 2018, 07:44:21 PM »
Oh, for joy! I only found out about it recently, and thought it was pretty cool. I was surprised, though, that it didn't make the top 10 list of favorite sequences, but oh well.
"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A, I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them."
Will Hurd

Online Baruch

« Reply #1549 on: July 17, 2018, 07:59:36 PM »
Oh, for joy! I only found out about it recently, and thought it was pretty cool. I was surprised, though, that it didn't make the top 10 list of favorite sequences, but oh well.

Algorithmic sequences can be pretty, in a crystalline sort of way.  But no algorithmic number can represent life, only the real number line can do that, and that means including the non-algorithmic transcendental numbers.  Pi is an example of an algorithmic transcendental.
שלום

Offline trdsf

« Reply #1550 on: July 17, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »
I've never heard of it before, and I haven't checked in on Numberphile in quite a while.  I know Alex Bellos from his appearances on The Infinite Monkey Cage (highly recommended).  Fascinating!
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #1551 on: July 18, 2018, 09:10:36 AM »
I've Got Love, Fuck Your Money.

"Intellectualization creates a gap or lack of rapport between you and your life. You may think about things so much that you get into the state where you are eating the menu instead of the dinner." -Alan Watts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk