Texas pastor dies setting himself on fire

Started by Ace101, June 28, 2015, 04:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace101

EDIT: Oops, I misread this - he actually killed himself protesting in favor of gay rights, not against them - pretty odd

Darwin Awards in action

http://www.inquisitr.com/2206308/white-texas-minister-sets-himself-on-fire-dies-in-protest-of-racism-and-homosexual-discrimination/

aitm

Ha. You edited just as I posted. Very good then…carry on.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

This actually happened last summer. Religious or not, this man tried hard to do a lot for not only the LGBT community, but minorities as well.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

aitm

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 28, 2015, 04:42:37 PM
This actually happened last summer. Religious or not, this man tried hard to do a lot for not only the LGBT community, but minorities as well.

pretty good evidence that he wasted the effort, I mean this is the first time I can remember hearing about it so…..not a lot of publicity, and apparently not so much success. Maybe he had cancer or something and wanted to go this way. Anyway, still a Darwin nominee. I liked his fight, but his final act did nothing but tormented his spouse and family I imagine.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2015, 04:51:48 PM
pretty good evidence that he wasted the effort, I mean this is the first time I can remember hearing about it so…..not a lot of publicity, and apparently not so much success.

In all fairness, I've seen this story shared all over Twitter and Facebook today and now here, with most people thinking this JUST happened, so it sort of seems like it did get attention, just a year later.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?