Black activist arrested for scaling flagpole and removing Confederate flag

Started by drunkenshoe, June 27, 2015, 05:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141473/Woman-removes-Confederate-flag-SC-statehouse.html

'This flag comes down today'

Apparently, she is a god person, but kudos to the lady. They put the flag back, she wasn't shot, just arrested. I also read that they managed to raise 20 000 dollars in 3 hours for her.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

I live in Columbia. .you would think the entire city burnt to the ground over this and the rubes are acting like she shit in Lee's hat.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 27, 2015, 08:24:31 PM
I live in Columbia. .you would think the entire city burnt to the ground over this and the rubes are acting like she shit in Lee's hat.
Well, if she didn't, she should have.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

TomFoolery

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 27, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

WHA...? Me too. :)
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Atheon

Yeah, I wasn't impressed by her god blathering, but kudos to her for her bravery in committing a heroic and provocative act.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Ace101

Pretty stupid if you ask me, all she did was take down a flag for 45 minutes which likely would've legally been taken down anyway, and all she got out of it is getting slapped with a criminal charge