US Supreme Court: Gay marriage legal nationwide!!!

Started by Atheon, June 26, 2015, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 29, 2015, 06:12:32 PM
After the rainbows all over Facebook now I am getting the inevitable backlash with "Marriage is one man and one woman" and a flood of religious posts. This was one of the more polite ones, posted by a coworker.

Wow, guess all the rainbow colors really poked the hornet nests.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cocoa Beware

I think I need to be stopped.

Im fighting the overwhelming urge to visit every local church and laugh obnoxiously. This is a fight I am currently losing.

TomFoolery

After the rainbows all over Facebook now I am getting the inevitable backlash with "Marriage is one man and one woman" and a flood of religious posts. This was one of the more polite ones, posted by a coworker.

I had a friend I went to basic training with complaining about the rainbow profile pictures, saying it looked like a bunch of fags nutted Skittles all over their pictures.

All I could think was Skittles are delicious, and if semen tasted like them there would probably be a lot more gay men.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 29, 2015, 07:39:16 AM
Really?  :biggrin: Do we have a record of anyone crying?
I'm still looking out for the compilation video so we can have all this stuff in one efficient package, but yes, there's some serious butthurt from this long and deep penetration into the virgin canal of religious freedom.

Best one imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SeXhHdJY2g

Cocoa Beware

I can't even say "Nice try"

The fallacy in this statement is pretty blatant with this denial of being judgmental, because you also have the old "Oh yeah, we just don't think you should have the same rights as everyone else"

This is just one of those "fall off a log" things that Christians seem incapable of understanding.

Mermaid

I don't want to live on the same planet as that person. Hydra, I thought "Oh, it's a 2:20 video, I can watch this". I made the first minute with difficulty and had to bail.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Cocoa Beware

"Rainbow Jihadists"

"The judges used their gavels like the slaveholders of old used to use their whips to beat us as social conservatives into abject submission"

I sincerely wish someone could tell me this guy has simply forgot his anti-psychotic medication.

It's almost like all you can do is try to laugh, so you don't cry. Quite disturbing.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on June 29, 2015, 10:04:29 PM
"Rainbow Jihadists"

"The judges used their gavels like the slaveholders of old used to use their whips to beat us as social conservatives into abject submission"

I sincerely wish someone could tell me this guy has simply forgot his anti-psychotic medication.

It's almost like all you can do is try to laugh, so you don't cry. Quite disturbing.
Actually, I find that pretty funny. Must be the Southern preacher narrating in my head, "Rainbooow Jeeehadist". [emoji1]

Atheon

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 29, 2015, 06:12:32 PMAfter the rainbows all over Facebook now I am getting the inevitable backlash with "Marriage is one man and one woman" and a flood of religious posts. This was one of the more polite ones, posted by a coworker.
To me, that would warrant a summary unfriending.

I have maybe 160 Facebook friends, and most are liberals or apolitical. But I also have a handful of conservative friends. These friends are also accepting of gay marriage, for the most part. I have a couple loonie fundiepublican relatives, but they know my position and know not to let their vitriol infest my wall.... I mean "timeline".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 29, 2015, 11:15:54 PM
Actually, I find that pretty funny. Must be the Southern preacher narrating in my head, "Rainbooow Jeeehadist". [emoji1]
I think the best part is "sodomy-based marriage".  Sounds like he doesn't know what many married couples get up to in the bedroom...