US Supreme Court: Gay marriage legal nationwide!!!

Started by Atheon, June 26, 2015, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

In a 5-4 decision, same-sex marriage has been legalized throughout the United States!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

The long battle is won! And Republican heads will explode!!!

VICTORY!!!!!

Now let's see if Glenn Beck's 40,000 pastors will boldly resist by not getting gay married!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

TomFoolery

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/same-sex-marraige-legal-nationwide-supreme-court-rules-n375551?cid=sm_fb

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this decision. I guess there wasn't a whole lot of doubt it was coming, but it feels good now that it's here.

I think it's amazing how in just my lifetime gay marriage went from not valid anywhere in the states to legal everywhere. Went from being punishable under UCMJ in the Armed Forces to legal and protected under equal opportunity.

It really does give me hope for the future.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solitary

I couldn't be happier for people that love each other and show what religion should teach people, instead of hatred, bigotry, and prejudice from the so-called Holy Book, even the New Testament :syda:  Love is the most beautiful of all human emotions, and jealously is ugly, that is really hatred, not love. I learned this from a beautiful bi-sexual girl friend 30 years ago. I had my best friend and his wife say that jealousy proves you love someone, I disagreed, and he proved I was correct when he shot and killed her because her boss had his arm around her coming out of work.  :sad:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Still, almost half the judges opposed it.  There's still something gravely wrong with America.  None-the-less, today is a very good day.

Atheon

This is a truly historic day. An absolutely amazing victory.

Now I'm looking forward to the Republican/Fox schadenfreude. O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Glenn Beck... their heads are surely exploding right now!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/supreme-court-affirms-right-to-gay-marriage-122495807066.html

From the decision statement:
Quotepreventing same-sex people from marrying violated their constitutional right to equal protection under the law and that the states were unable to put forth a compelling reason to withhold that right from people.

What??  You mean the state claiming that marriage of gay couples gets some people all blustery and upset isn't a compelling reason?  "It aint right.  It just aint right!" isn't compelling enough?  Well, I never!

Atheon

Solitary

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Good job congress. Congratz you guys over there. <3
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

NPR disclosed some interesting information, yesterday:  Way back before Justice Kennedy was appointed to the Supreme Court, he nixed the right of gay marriage in a landmark decision that set the movement back considerably.  Today, he joined with the more liberal elements of the court and reversed himself.  This thing was really close.

Solitary

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

I like to think of all the Christians and republicans going to bed tonight in a cold sweat imagining Elton John at there window tapping.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Atheon on June 26, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
I'm enjoying the comments pouring in on Fix News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/supreme-court-same-sex-couples-can-marry-in-all-50-states/#

Wow.  The reader comments are pouring in at the rate of 3 or 4 every second!  I can't read that fast.