Would Anyone Like To Go Lane Splitting With Me In LA?

Started by Solitary, June 21, 2015, 02:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I promise to be safe! https://youtu.be/977zYEqpsSE :wtff:  THIS IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA AND TEXAS!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Looks like a dipshit just waiting to crash when someone decides to change lanes at the wrong time.  Everyone thinks they're the single greatest driver till they aren't.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Yeah. Lane splitting is for when traffic is stopped. It'd take just one person to change lanes without looking out for the small motorcycle passing in his blind spot traveling 20mph faster than the turning car for their life to end...

kilodelta

Even when it is stopped, going forward in a split lane with a bit too much speed is a risk they're putting in control of other drivers.

AllPurposeAtheist

Hospitals and graveyards are loaded with the likes of this guy..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Dreamer

What a douche. And he's mad at drivers for switching lanes. Not their fault he is a moron who can't drive safe. Cars switch lanes!! I have always been vigilant to watch for motorcycles, but I have never looked for them between the lanes, and frankly there's no way to check for them there. They take their lives into their own hands and then give it to the care of drivers who are unable to see these jackasses. It's their fault when they get hit (though it is no less a tragedy)
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 26, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Hospitals and graveyards are loaded with the likes of this guy..
And as they should be.....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-motorcycle-lanesplitting-20150528-story.html

"Motorcycle lane-splitting â€" the rush-hour time saver for bikers that enrages many drivers â€" may be poised for formal legalization..

California would be the first state to sanction the traffic-evading tactic, already widespread on traffic-choked freeways of Los Angeles.

The state Assembly is expected to approve the legislation as soon as Thursday, and supporters believe it will clear the Senate as well.

The measure would allow motorcycles to travel between cars at speeds up to 15 mph faster than the flow of traffic, up to a speed of 50 mph."

Wow... 15 mph faster than the moving traffic... given the blind spots and truck-made blind spots, it should be no more than 10.