"Why the UK Election Results are the Worst in History."

Started by the_antithesis, June 20, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Youtuber CGP Grey has made videos about voting systems before and the UK has recently given him an example of why first past the post systems are bad for voters and demonstrates why those who think the US need more than two parties are fucking wrong and should be punched.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

I didn't really care, I didn't feel like voting for any of these fuckbagtwatbeiberlovers.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

56 out of 59 Scottish MPs are S N P but but this C*** and his scummy tory party are in charge, we need fkn Independance now !

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Munch

GB, can I ask, and not to slide this off topic, but since the referendum was down to the people of Scotland themselves, what is your opinion of all the ones who voted to stay with the UK?

Green Bottle

Sorry Munch i just noticed ur post, i was busy on another site, anyway... my personal opinion on those who voted no, some of them were cowards scared of change, others believed the lies of the unionist parties and their lackeys and now with austerity kicking in a lot of them are regretting their decision,and a lot of them were the elderly, stuck in their ways and also believing that their pensions would be at risk in an independant scotland.

I was angry with them at the time but not so much now, as i and a lot of people here believe that independance is now inevitable.

It cant come soon enough for me, i just hope it happens when im still here to see it.

Fidel_Castronaut

I think nationalism in all its forms is archaic and ultimately doomed. The world is unifying, very slowly, but ultimately I think nationalism is much more divisive than anything else.

If scots wanted independence however then they should certainly have it. However I think it's wrong to label the majority who didn't want it as 'cowards'. I think that's grossly misprepresenting them, and the Uncle Tom language used by many nationalists to denigrate their fellow country men is terrible political discourse and not evidence of a mature and grown up critique.  Many scottish friends I know didn't want indepdence and don't like the SNP, owing to  their poor education history (social mobility for poorer Scottish students at its lowest for decades: http://leftfootforward.org/2015/05/progressive-how-the-poorest-students-suffer-from-the-snps-student-loans-policy/)  and the fact that their economic plans didn't add up.

I think the UK is better with Scotland in it, but as someone with only scottish heritage I don't get a say. I also love Scotland and spend a lot of time there in the highlands. I spend a lot of money there too. I don't know why people want to put barriers up to stop me spending my money there, or make me feel uncomfortable for not being a nationalist (which has happened last time I was in Edinburgh of all places).
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Munch

Thank you FC, that was nicely said. GB, I agree with you and support your want for Scotland to be free, my own boyfriends, who are Irish and German, who are now Scottish citizens, wanted Scottish Independence, and voted for independence, and I supported them in their choice. I myself had no side on it, because their are loses and gains in both aspects of such a thing. I do love Scotland, having been their many times, and understand people wanting to make it their own, but I also understand people wanting to stay in the union, even if you have shitheads like cameron in power, I think the people voting to stay in the union looked past that shithead and thought about why they wanted to remain, not because they are scared, but because other other more tangible reasons.

And like I said, I am not a nationalist, I'm in a relationship with an Irishman and German (Polyamorous) so nationalism means so much less to me then the people themselves regardless where they come from.

Green Bottle

Fidel, if you read my previous post ul see that i  DID NOT say that the ''Majority of no voters were Cowards, i said Some, i also said others were influenced by the scare tactics coming out of westmonster and also spouted by their lackeys,   see this.

http://www.anyvoice.co.uk/politics/looking-north-of-the-border/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

You might have scottish friends who want to stay tied to england but the majority of us want to be free, and most of us believe that the referendum was fixed.
What do you mean by the ''uncle tom language used to denigrate their fellow countrymen? this is nonsense, ok there might be a few, a very few who do this but i can tell you that the majority do not.
So you're friends dont like the snp , well thats upto them, but they have done a lot of good since coming to power at holyrood.
They are also against the renewal of Trident nuclear weapons and want them scrapped altogether, these submarines carrying the missiles are situated on the Clyde close to the heavily populated Central belt and far enough away from westminster that if there were an accident its millions of Scots who would suffer.
there's also the ''Myth that we are subsidised by england when in fact its us who subsidise and fund them mostly with our oil revenue.

The fact is they need us more than we need them, and if they keep treating us the way they are the break up of this ''union is inevitable imo.

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/06/17/unravelling-with-hysteria/

http://wingsoverscotland.com/