News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello! share with me your opinions and stand about atheism!

Started by GuiltyAngel, March 10, 2013, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

To quote Obe Wan from the first Star Wars, "You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy".

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags of your mattress.

Welcome. :P
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Atheism in a nutshell: "What's a god?"
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

GuiltyAngel

Quote from: "commonsense822"Welcome to the club!

I kinda miss the first few years of being an atheist.  Every single discovery of religious bullshit, logical fallacies, or scientific information was exciting.  Enjoy it, it's a good time.

HAHA! :lol: thank you so much!

GuiltyAngel

Quote from: "Sleeper"It takes more courage to stand up for the truth when you're alone than to make life easier by joining the crowd and living a lie. Just remember this: if and when you do decide to "come out," take notice of how many people respond from reason vs. how many respond from emotion. Then you'll see where they're really coming from. Nothing suffocates reason more effectively than emotion, and religion exists by emotion alone.

Yeah, it's true. I can really see sometimes that their so-called "spiritual-based" decisions are affected more on emotions. And basing on that, they will say that you're wrong.

Thumpalumpacus

Hiyas, welcome.

My atheism springs from my commitment to leading a well-reasoned life.
<insert witty aphorism here>

GuiltyAngel

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Hiyas, welcome.

My atheism springs from my commitment to leading a well-reasoned life.

Thank you! I very much agree with you.. :)

aitm

The greatest enemy of religion is knowledge. The more you learn, the more you learn.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

Welcome to the forums.

For as long as I can remember, I thought god was some sort of elaborate hoax, like santa claus. I still occasionally have to remind myself that these people are serious.

jonnytexas

Sorry to hear you feel you have to "hide" your atheism.  It is strange that we feel that our beliefs must align with those closest to us (I'm sure there's as evolutionary reason,) but I also struggle with this sometimes.  Although i feel its bullshit that I can't say what I think (how awkward at a holiday dinner with extended family to start calling their bullshit, I think my Mom would drop dead) I usually shut the fuck up and bitch to people who see things as i do.  Maybe we should organize a worldwide coming out day.  Fuck it, a million atheists coming out of the closet at once, now that would be a site on Fox news
You mean all I have to do is say "sorry God" and all is forgiven?....I\'m gonna have some fun then

Teaspoon Shallow

Welcome GA.  

You are not alone.  You are the same person you once were, you just shed the gullibility and opened you mind.  Its an exciting life, live it.