In 180 seconds you'll be voting for Bernie Sanders. .

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, June 13, 2015, 12:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on August 18, 2015, 08:52:39 PM
Now see, I almost feel that way. If Clinton would shrug off all of her campaign donors, the same people as your highest Republican/Libertarian front runner? Then, maybe. But if Sanders doesn't make it through primary (and, I live in VT, open primary vote here), then my vote is for nobody else, because they are all the same. And I am VERY tired of people telling me Hillary Clinton is better than my worst pick of Republicans. Because she's not.
Uh, Hillary doesn't want to revoke my right to marry the man of my dreams, should I ever meet him.  Hillary doesn't want to repeal the first medical coverage I've had in 15 years.  There IS a difference.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: trdsf on August 18, 2015, 10:42:21 PM
Uh, Hillary doesn't want to revoke my right to marry the man of my dreams, should I ever meet him.  Hillary doesn't want to repeal the first medical coverage I've had in 15 years.  There IS a difference.
If equal rights behooves you, I find it odd that you view anyone but Sanders as a choice. Clinton is more of the same, and that's all she is.
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

trdsf

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on August 18, 2015, 11:07:09 PM
If equal rights behooves you, I find it odd that you view anyone but Sanders as a choice. Clinton is more of the same, and that's all she is.
If you can show me where Hillary says she wants to block equal marriage rights, or repeal the Affordable Care Act, I would like to see your links.

This isn't a zero-sum thing.  I really do support and prefer Sanders, and think he would be an excellent president.  But it's not Sanders or nothing.  I'm sorry, but if you really believe that a President H. Clinton would be absolutely no different from a President J. Bush, or a President Walker, or a President Tr(no, I can't even type that as a theoretical), than you are just flat wrong -- I'm willing to entertain the idea that she won't be great, but she also won't be the fiscal and social disaster area that any of the Republicans would be.

She's not my first choice, but if if comes down to it, I'll vote for her before I'll vote for anyone on the Republican side.  This isn't about having my absolute first choice.  This is about making the best choice from the available options.  I really want Sanders to be one of those options, but the GOP idiots represent far too much potential damage for me to take my vote and go home if I don't get everything I want.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Atheon

Sanders in the primaries. The Dem nominee (whether Sanders or Clinton) in the general.

Though I would LOVE a Sanders presidency, if it comes down to Hillary vs. ANY Republican, Hillary is the best choice by far. I would much rather have Hillary picking Supreme Court justices than Jeb, Trump, Perry, Santorum, or any of those other clowns.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: JBCuzISaidSo on August 18, 2015, 11:07:09 PM
If she's more of the same, then it doesn't matter if I vote for her rather than a republican, does it?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu