News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Just another reason...I don't want kids

Started by commonsense822, March 09, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: "commonsense822"I have thought about a vasectomy, but honestly I am way too scared of letting people with sharp objects near my ball sack.

Not that bad. Had a vasectomy after my third child. Well worth what little pain you deal with, for maybe a week at most, and then only occasionally. Having sex and not needing a condom is very nice.

Youssuf Ramadan

I never really wanted them... then I was a teacher for a while and realised that I definitely never wanted them....

AllPurposeAtheist

You all must have had extraordinarily boring childhoods.. We did the same thing as kids and worse. The victims jumped out of their cars to chase our sorry asses down and coerced confessions in front of witnesses..
Someday you'll be 80 with no grown offspring to give a shit.. Sounds lonely as hell, but whatever.. I love my kids..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pitbullmama

I must have lucked out cause I ended up with some really good one. Not for everyone though.

Colanth

I don't blame the kids for what they did - where the hell were their parents?  (Not that night - every night since they were born?)  Idjits think that being a parent is a one-off deal, have 'em (or create 'em) and you're done.  I guess you can't expect much from people who think that they have a magical invisible friend up in the sky.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

wolf39us

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"You all must have had extraordinarily boring childhoods.. We did the same thing as kids and worse. The victims jumped out of their cars to chase our sorry asses down and coerced confessions in front of witnesses..
Someday you'll be 80 with no grown offspring to give a shit.. Sounds lonely as hell, but whatever.. I love my kids..

Wrong, I did no such thing.

Having children is NOT a guarantee of company in old age...  Take a trip to an assisted living facility and show me all of this attention that these older folks are getting from their offspring.  

Being childfree has it's pros and it's cons, it merely depends on what YOU consider to be a pro or a con.  To me, there ARE no pros to having children AT ALL.

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

hrdlr110

Not to lump us all together, but it would seem, from the small sampling in this thread, that if atheism ever becomes the new world order, our species is destined for extinction! If it came down to only two belief systems on the planet - the Mormons had better be the other!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Aletheia

Quote from: "hrdlr110"Not to lump us all together, but it would seem, from the small sampling in this thread, that if atheism ever becomes the new world order, our species is destined for extinction! If it came down to only two belief systems on the planet - the Mormons had better be the other!

Nah. There are plenty of atheists who enjoy being parents and do invest considerable time and effort into raising their children according to tenets of the scientific method, follow the teachings of Paul & Elder's Model of Critical Thinking, and always go to Pastafarian (or Invisible Pink Unicorn) Church every Tuesday after school.

I'm not particularly inclined to having children, but that probably has more to do with a not-so-child friendly financial situation, the fact that I live in the Bible Belt, and not liking the idea of pregnancy (reminds me of the movie Aliens for some reason). I typically do not like other people's children, but when I do find one that I happen to like, I don't mind their company so much and make for a pretty good babysitter.

I would hate for any spawn of mine to end up like some of these hellions I see around here. It does help me to empathize with those species of animals who occasionally eat their own young.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Plu

Quote from: "Colanth"I don't blame the kids for what they did - where the hell were their parents?  (Not that night - every night since they were born?)  Idjits think that being a parent is a one-off deal, have 'em (or create 'em) and you're done.  I guess you can't expect much from people who think that they have a magical invisible friend up in the sky.

This

QuoteGlad I raised my son better.

Also this.

If mine ever goes up and pulls shit like that, all hell will break loose. At the very least she'll be cleaning up that whole mess with her bare hands.

Youssuf Ramadan

I think if religion died on its ass then maybe more people would be willing to bring children into a world without the strife that religion can often bring to society.

Having children is no guarantor of company in old age. Plus.... I know that some people in my 'hood have children because they think that the kids will bail them out when they are old and skint... that doesn't strike me as a particularly ethical reason to have them.... in my opinion people ought to have children for what they can do for the children, not what the children can do for them.

Some want kids, some don't.  There's nothing intrinsically right or wrong about either.  The population boom on our planet suggests that human extinction isn't much to worry about.  :P

Jason78

Quote from: "mnmelt"You're better than me!! I would've dragged their little asses all over the neighborhood looking for their parents..!!!

I might have taken one or two of them and not returned them until their parents had paid for my car.

Nothing makes a parent sharpen up their act faster than a little kidnapping.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"You all must have had extraordinarily boring childhoods.. We did the same thing as kids and worse. The victims jumped out of their cars to chase our sorry asses down and coerced confessions in front of witnesses..

Yeah, but if an adult does that nowadays, you'd be up in front of a judge faster than you could say child endangerment.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Jason78"

Yeah, but if an adult does that nowadays, you'd be up in front of a judge faster than you could say child endangerment.

Yep... and all the kid has to say is "He touched my ass" and you're on the sex offender's register too. Social pariahship here we come...