News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Just another reason...I don't want kids

Started by commonsense822, March 09, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonsense822

So last night I was driving back from my friend's place.  I decided to cut through a neighborhood near my house to avoid the lights on my street.  Mind you, I live in MA and we just got a pretty good amount of snow earlier.  And as I'm driving down the street I see shadowy figures running across the street, just beyond my headlights.  As I get closer I realize there is a small mob of children...and these little fucks made a roadblock of snow in the middle of the road.  I pulled up closer to see if there was any way I could get around it, but they piled it 4 ft high and I drive a Taurus, so no luck.  As I'm maneuvering my three point turn in the middle of the road these demon children start throwing rocks, snowballs, and literally coming up to the car and hitting it.  Pretty much, I felt like I was in a modern New England, Lord of the Flies reenactment.

Now even though I have thought about the possibility of kids from time to time, I can honestly say that throughout my entire life that I have always leaned heavily towards not wanting to have them.  And this further pushes me over that side of the fence.

Seriously, I applaud you parents, I just don't understand why.

aitm

Well I don't want you to say anything that can be held against you in a court of law, so just hold up how many fingers to show how many of the little fucks ya bumper rubbed.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

commonsense822

Haha I'll be honest the thought did cross my mind when I could see them in my rear view mirror.  But I'm pretty proud to say I didn't even shout at the kids, just turned around and drove off.  Not worth the sore throat.

mnmelt

You're better than me!! I would've dragged their little asses all over the neighborhood looking for their parents..!!!
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

wolf39us

I would have sent the police down there just cause...

Brian37

Well having been bullied myself as a kid. And on top of all the shit I myself did and was lucky not to get caught, I am with you. I don't want kids, the worry alone would kill me. But on top of that they can be brats and or worse. Not to mention the cost of living.

I am fine when it is a short period of time and other adults are around, but no thank you.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

I applaud people who make the decision not to have children. Growing up Mormon, where large families are the norm, I saw a lot of parents that should never have had kids. Had I not been Mormon, I probably wouldn't have.

Brian37

Our species has it's priorities all wrong most of the time. If one wants kids, yea ok, we are after all a diverse species. But far too often it is sold as a social cure, and a utopia. Kids are not taught growing up to know their own comfort levels or desires and parents often project themselves on the kid. On top of that they don't learn long term life planning skills, nor do they understand compatibility issues and what constitutes hormones, which when we are young, drives us more often than not.

Right now I have a 18 year old co worker who in college, but is also getting married in December. She swears she is going to complete college, but I see mistakes down the road coming. And she is a A student, soccer player, and never gets in any semblance of trouble. But I see the same wild eyed idealism in her eyes because she is in love with the IDEA of marriage, but no one really knows what it is really like until they are actually in it.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

wolf39us

I had a vasectomy at 21 with no children.  I don't ever plan on dealing with them... ever :-)

commonsense822

I have thought about a vasectomy, but honestly I am way too scared of letting people with sharp objects near my ball sack.

wolf39us

It was really a lot less painful than I thought it would be.  More uncomfortable mentally than physically!

commonsense822

I just remember when my dad had his done after my little bro was born.  He was in bed for a few days and I was the one responsible for bringing him bags of frozen peas.

......I hate peas

GurrenLagann

Asswipes. Couldn't they just have found a nearby park/field? :-l

I'm not sure if I want to have kids or not. Having been the oldest of 4, and having especially helped with raising my currently 3-year-old brother, it's a fucking hassle to be sure. It has its up times, but people need to think about the down times, and the "oh my fucking god go to sleep!" times.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Johan

Remember, you only have to kill or mame one of them and the rest usually think better of doing it again in the future.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

leo

I don't want to have kids . Too much bullshit involved .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .