Apparently "real American heroes" are actually doll sized..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, June 05, 2015, 12:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Its the same shit like with the american sniper, people want to make a hero out of someone without so much a proof of them being genuine.

But then, we live in a world where people fight against human rights and progressiveness, all because they think giving praise to their imaginary friends in a religious book is more important then real peoples happiness.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on June 05, 2015, 01:08:11 PM
Its the same shit like with the american sniper, people want to make a hero out of someone without so much a proof of them being genuine.

But then, we live in a world where people fight against human rights and progressiveness, all because they think giving praise to their imaginary friends in a religious book is more important then real peoples happiness.

Happens all the time. Hidalgo the movie is supposedly true, but is actually a total fiction. The guy that supposedly did it ran in a nonexistent race created by nonexistent sultans. The book/movie The Long Walk is also fiction. It turns out that it never actually happened.

TomFoolery

Caitlyn Jenner has nothing to do with veterans. They are separate things, and things are allowed to exist independently of one another. Calling her brave doesn't somehow diminish the bravery of veterans, as if there's only so much bravery to go around. There's more than one way to be brave: veterans don't have a monopoly on it. Going to war and transitioning ones gender in the public eye are two kinds of bravery, much like puppies and Emma Stone are two different kinds of cute.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Solitary

The soldiers now have enlisted, and are definitely brave to go into lethal battle, But Jenner did not ask to be a female, "God" (sarcasm) made him that way, and for him to do this with so many bigots out there takes courage also. Who gives a fuck if someone is brave or not? Being brave or a coward is societies way of masking war hero's for their sick benefit. I'm sure all the wounded warriors, mentally and missing faces and limbs, as well as being able to not have sex out there are sure proud of being so fucked up by being brave. SUPPORT THEM BY BRING THEM HOME TO THEIR LOVED ONES, OR GIVING THEM MORAL SUPPORT! AND DON'T ALLOW WAR MONGERS TO HAVE POWER TO KEEP INSANE WARS GOING FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX THAT IS DESTROYING THE BEST GIRLS AND BOYS THAT OUR COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.