News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Top Album

Started by kilodelta, June 03, 2015, 04:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Dark Side of the Moon is brilliant.

I can't pick one... Dark Side is definitely up there though.

My Top 3 are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6_XYlzuPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiyvw5AD-C8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivg1OIV6L7c

Actually idk. Those are in my top album list, but not my only favorites

kilodelta

Yes! Faith No More is awesome! And now you're my best friend.

I'd add those two albums to my top ten. Every song has something to it. There really is no B-side.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

SGOS

The first thought that comes to mind is Creddence Clearwater, Winchester Cathedral.  I think it was their first album, but any one of them would qualify as a favorite.  I haven't thought much about this.  It was just the first thought.  I remember being mesmerized by this song because I heard it being played all the time on the radio without being announced who was doing it, and this seemed to go on for two weeks or so.  I had never heard of the group and couldn't recognize them.  I remember wanting to know who that was so bad that it started bothering me.  It seems like there were lots of great groups back then.

Second thought would be something by the Allman Brothers, just about anything.

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on June 03, 2015, 07:33:25 PM
oh lordy, back in the late 70's I took a double of strawberry mescaline, but it turned out to be "angel dust", after three hours of terror on the road (too long to explain) I got home and put that album on with the headphones. Probably listened to it for 8-9 hours both in and out of consciousness. I have found, rather embarrassingly, that if I hear more that two songs in a row off that album, I get fucked up. Seriously, need to call someone to pick me up fucked up.

I was heavily into drugs for a brief time during my college years, but I quit using them during that time because I would get really introspective and let my mind flow anywhere just to see where it would go (there was actually a serious purpose for doing that, which I won't get into).  Eventually, I would begin to lose control of my thoughts while on drugs, which sometimes got strange and even scary, and would lead to a panic, so I stopped the drug use.

For the next 30 years, I would occasionally experience the same loss of control, and I would get scared and start to panic.  It wasn't often.  Perhaps once a year.  It would usually start when I had a lot on my mind.  Then sometimes my mind would start to race, and felt I couldn't deal with all of it.  That wasn't so bad, but I would recall those drug experiences from long ago, and begin to panic, mostly worrying about an ultimate loss of control.

I was talking to a counselor about these episodes a few years ago, and he asked if drugs were involved.  I said, no not now, but they were back when this first started to happen.  He identified it as a drug induced psychosis, and I responded by saying I don't use drugs now.  He just shrugged his shoulders.

After some consideration on my own, I accepted that he was probably right.  The next time I started to go in that direction, I told myself I didn't have the time or energy for that bullshit, and I simply pushed the whole thing out of my mind.  I went from near panic to a calm almost immediately.  It was uncanny.  The episodes have not bothered me for 20 years.  I can report this honestly, but I can't explain it.  I only have a vague idea of the dynamics involved, but I don't really need to explain it to myself.  I just don't go there anymore, and that's all that matters to me.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: trdsf on July 12, 2015, 05:55:31 PM
I was considering rescinding my Dark Side nomination in favor of Ummagumma, actually.  Very hard call to make.

Ummagumma? Sure if you're tripping your balls off. Otherwise Dark Side, Wish You Here or Animals in that order.

In the meantime just be Careful with That Axe, Eugene.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

trdsf

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 23, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
Ummagumma? Sure if you're tripping your balls off. Otherwise Dark Side, Wish You Here or Animals in that order.

In the meantime just be Careful with That Axe, Eugene.

I was So.  Fucking.  Stoned.  the first time I heard Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict.  I wouldn't embark on any Floyd album on acid.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan