News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Top Album

Started by kilodelta, June 03, 2015, 04:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

What's your favorite music album?

Mine is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It has withstood the test of time. There are some albums I used to like, but no more. Dark Side of the Moon is still awesome.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Solitary

I think all of the Black Heart albums top anything now for it's melodies, subject matter, raw power, rhythm, subliminal sexuality, and because they are good music in my opinion. http://youtu.be/Y5NlUnPUNAU
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

kilodelta

I should have guessed that one.

Now for Brian37's favorite album... I wonder.

aitm

Quote from: kilodelta on June 03, 2015, 04:51:19 PM
What's your favorite music album?

Mine is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It has withstood the test of time. There are some albums I used to like, but no more. Dark Side of the Moon is still awesome.
oh lordy, back in the late 70's I took a double of strawberry mescaline, but it turned out to be "angel dust", after three hours of terror on the road (too long to explain) I got home and put that album on with the headphones. Probably listened to it for 8-9 hours both in and out of consciousness. I have found, rather embarrassingly, that if I hear more that two songs in a row off that album, I get fucked up. Seriously, need to call someone to pick me up fucked up.

Other than that, I love the Moody Blues Seventh Sojurn
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Moody Blues--Yes!  Pink Floyd--Yes!  But the best?!  Iron Butterfly--In a Gadda da Vida!  One entire side of the album!  Over and over again!  And I gotta throw in some Ventures--Walk Don't Run.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Quote from: aitm on June 03, 2015, 07:33:25 PM
oh lordy, back in the late 70's I took a double of strawberry mescaline, but it turned out to be "angel dust", after three hours of terror on the road (too long to explain) I got home and put that album on with the headphones. Probably listened to it for 8-9 hours both in and out of consciousness. I have found, rather embarrassingly, that if I hear more that two songs in a row off that album, I get fucked up. Seriously, need to call someone to pick me up fucked up.

Other than that, I love the Moody Blues Seventh Sojurn

I can't imagine what the bells part of the album did to you... if anything?

kilodelta

I approve of all the selections thus far.

...cough...except for Stromboli's...cough, cough...

kilodelta

I had to look this one up... didn't recognize it.

kilodelta

I'm now confused... I recognize this one, but not the 1960's version.

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on June 03, 2015, 10:25:49 PM
I had to look this one up... didn't recognize it.

I had forgotten this one.  It had the original Walk Don't Run single on it.  Not one of the Ventures better albums, tho.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on June 03, 2015, 10:39:32 PM
I'm now confused... I recognize this one, but not the 1960's version.

This is the one I was thinking of.  It had Walk Don't Run '64.  But the song selection was much better.  Also loved House of the Rising Sun on this one.  If I remember right, I really like all the cuts on this album. 

One of the stupidest things I ever did was give away my vinyl collection--had a stack of 33's about 4 ft. tall--just basically junked them.  What a flaming fucking idiot I was!

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 03, 2015, 11:06:10 PM
This is the one I was thinking of.  It had Walk Don't Run '64.  But the song selection was much better.  Also loved House of the Rising Sun on this one.  If I remember right, I really like all the cuts on this album. 

One of the stupidest things I ever did was give away my vinyl collection--had a stack of 33's about 4 ft. tall--just basically junked them.  What a flaming fucking idiot I was!

That's why I'm keeping my PC video game CDs... that or I'm just too sentimental to throw them away.

stromboli

Easy Rider soundtrack- one I listened to in the Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvBjKr2LcY

trdsf

One album?  You have got to be fucking kidding me.  I need three per genre, assuming I don't actually need three per band.

I might be able to give you a list of my essential albums, but there will be cheating, like box set editions.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan