News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who was the Worst American President?

Started by SGOS, June 01, 2015, 05:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

I had forgotten that statement of Nixon.  Yeah--hard to top that one.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

If you tried to write a political thriller in which a fictional president did all the stuff Nixon did, you'd never get it published because no one could suspend disbelief long enough to finish reading it.  Yes, Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency -- partly in response to the then-new environmental movement, and partly so he could use it to extort "donations" from industries for his '72 re-election campaign.  Yes, Nixon normalized relations with China -- not for the sake of the relationship, but to pressure Russia.

I have long thought that the most chilling thing about the Nixon view of the world (or more appropriately, the Nixon-Kissinger view) is how utterly, utterly dehumanizing it is.  It wasn't that people were pawns to him/them -- entire nations were pawns, and the citizenry was not worth even the briefest consideration.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

peacewithoutgod

Ronald Reagan, hands-down. If it weren't for Reagan, there never would have been the Bush dynasty.

Reagan was also the worst Hollywood actor ever.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.