Does the Bible Make You Angry? Is it any less evil than Mein Kampf?

Started by 1liesalot, May 25, 2015, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

WTF? The more I see of this Scripture business, the more pissed off I get. Gen 8 20:21 is a case in point, wherein God says there would be no more Noah style genocides on the scale of the original flood because it wouldn't work. And the reason it wouldn't work, in God's opinion, was this:-

Every Inclination of Humankind's Heart is Evil From Childhood,

Who is to blame for that, FFS? God created us. Ergo God created evil .. Adolf fucking Hitler included.

So, then, what is that heavenly sniveling coyote sky turd's actual point? Might  as well jack it in and admit defeat.

How can anyone read that sort of dismal nonsense and not think ...."

"OH JUST FUCK OFF?

UGHHHHH. Hate the bible. The evil in that book is right up there with the furious, misanthropic ravings of Herr Hitler'.

AllPurposeAtheist

Take a deep breath... Grimms fairy tales was pretty gruesome too.. That doesn't even mention whoever it was who was putting babies up in tree tops in cradles..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: 1liesalot on May 25, 2015, 06:27:50 PM
WTF? The more I see of this Scripture business, the more pissed off I get. Gen 8 20:21 is a case in point, wherein God says there would be no more Noah style genocides on the scale of the original flood because it wouldn't work. And the reason it wouldn't work, in God's opinion, was this:-

Every Inclination of Humankind's Heart is Evil From Childhood,

Who is to blame for that, FFS? God created us. Ergo God created evil .. Adolf fucking Hitler included.

So, then, what is that heavenly sniveling coyote sky turd's actual point? Might  as well jack it in and admit defeat.

How can anyone read that sort of dismal nonsense and not think ...."

"OH JUST FUCK OFF?

UGHHHHH. Hate the bible. The evil in that book is right up there with the furious, misanthropic ravings of Herr Hitler'.
Read my signature and you will know who the author of evil is.  And the bible is a touch older than Hitler.  And Hitler was a piker compared to gawd!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

1liesalot

Sometimes the Bible is amusing as opposed to awe inspiring so. For instance, you should never pisseth against the wall. Not if you know what's good for you. 

"therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth against the wall..." (I Kings 14:10)

1liesalot

Sometimes the Bible is amusing as opposed to awe inspiring so. For instance, you should never pisseth against the wall. Not if you know what's good for you. 

"therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth against the wall..." (I Kings 14:10)

And then there's the fucking inter-familial Cannibalism at II Kings 6:28-29, which is deeply unpleasant.

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...."

"Behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth against the wall..." (I Kings 14:10)

And then there's the fucking inter-familial Cannibalism at II Kings 6:28-29, which is deeply unpleasant.

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...."

And sexual offences

"Look, I am against you!- declares Yahweh Saboath- I shall lift your skirts as high as your face and show your nakedness to the nations, your shame to the kingdoms. I shall pelt you with filth." (Nahum 3:6, The New Jerusalem Bible)

dtq123

Burn all the books you want, they'll still be religious.

The people, now there is a place to start.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

trdsf

Angry?  No, it's just a book, and not an especially well written one. Since it was written by assorted individuals over hundreds of years, then compiled, edited, and translated from copies of copies of copies according to the philosophical whims of the moment before being re-translated to suit the whims of a later moment, then re-re-translated to suit the whims of yet another later moment, that can hardly be surprising.

I'll reserve my ire for the cowards who insist upon its inerrancy while deliberately cherrypicking to suit their own prejudices.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

1liesalot

Also, God says let there be dung. Scatology, no less.

Malachi 2:2-3 where God says "I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces...")

aitm

If only they would read that crap in churches during family services the places would empty in a couple weeks….thats why they only talk about jesus and bunnies and flowers and no-sex...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

We need a real poe to get on teevee to deliver gods real message.. I'm gonna throw shit at you! 

I know I'd tune in.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

1liesalot

Quote from: aitm on May 25, 2015, 09:08:00 PM
If only they would read that crap in churches during family services the places would empty in a couple weeks….thats why they only talk about jesus and bunnies and flowers and no-sex...

I don't remember dragons, unicorns and giants mentioned by my RC priest back when I was being made by my parents to go to mass every Sunday. But I remember one of the priests (the older one) having no qualms in telling us how me and (my six year old cousins and I) that we would burn in hell for back-chatting.

AtheistLemon

I don't think the bible is as evil as Mein Kampf, because God isn't actually real, while Hitler was a real man with real intention to commit genocide.