Mormon Church Wants Freedom To Discriminate

Started by stromboli, January 27, 2015, 08:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: stromboli on April 22, 2015, 03:10:53 PM
You know its bad when they are forced to recognize the historical faux pas of their prophets, and in the case of Brigham Young, disavowing blatantly racist statements he made as doctrinal by saying they were opinions, and wrong.

Yeah, like this one:

“Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so. The nations of the earth have transgressed every law that God has given, they have changed the ordinances and broken every covenant made with the fathers, and they are like a hungry man that dreameth that he eateth, and he awaketh and behold he is empty.”
Brigham Young (1801 -1877)

"...death on the spot"!? Good thing they don't really believe such disgusting drivel.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

stromboli

I was a member when the revelation happened. A few years later I lived in a rural community that was whiter than Sweden, and we had a guest entertainer who was black with a Polynesian wife. You have never seen so many tight lipped people in one room, ever. I had brother in law that left the church when it happened, but rejoined later. It was a big sea change to say the least. 

Termin

There's an old Interview with Barbara walters and Donnie and Marie , Barbara asks about it, Donny confirms it's true, but doesn't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWIEfmPYxo

According to the link it was in 1978..  I wonder if this was a big factor ?
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

SkyChief

Mormon Church is a fringe religion.  They should be afforded any and all  'fringe religion'  benefits available to them.  RE: Scientology.  we give those wierdos a break, don't we?  Why not Mormons?

Marginalize, yes.  Discriminate? Eh,, WTF,,,  sure!  No prob..,,,   :smile2:
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."    - Albert Einstein

Goon

all I got from that article is, "We're bigots. We hate freedom because we believe in a stupid book. Did you know Jesus visited Missouri?"
You evolutionists are spoiling our fun!

AtheistLemon

Quote from: SkyChief on April 23, 2015, 11:41:47 PM
Mormon Church is a fringe religion.  They should be afforded any and all  'fringe religion'  benefits available to them.  RE: Scientology.  we give those wierdos a break, don't we?  Why not Mormons?

Marginalize, yes.  Discriminate? Eh,, WTF,,,  sure!  No prob..,,,   :smile2:
You gotta admit. Scientology and Mormonism have really cool storylines going for them. They're fantastic works of fiction!

Or would be, if they were regarded as the fiction they are.

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait, if it's good enough for Donny and Marie it's good enough for. ..uhhhhh... Dumbasses? Oh! I got it!  MITTENS!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.