Ireland Legalizes Gay Marriage

Started by stromboli, May 23, 2015, 11:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

hrdlr110

Quote from: Munch on May 23, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
it won't last, just think about this pope being a clog in a drain before more shit comes to unclog it.

Experience tells me that more shit doesn't unclog the drai..........Wait............do you shit in your sink?

With everything negative the catholic church has experienced coming to light in the past 10+ years, I've come to believe they are too big to fail. Any other corporation would be long gone. I seriously can't believe their continual habit of protecting and hiding priests. George pell was moved to the vatican to protect him from inquiries into abuse that he covered up in Sydney. He's being petitioned to come back and give answers. George Pell is an arrogant ass.

Congrats Ireland. Could this have any sway with the U.S. Supreme Court?
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Gerard

Quote from: hrdlr110 on May 23, 2015, 11:56:24 PMWith everything negative the catholic church has experienced coming to light in the past 10+ years, I've come to believe they are too big to fail. Any other corporation would be long gone.

I don't know how big they still are in the US. They are certainly big in South America and Africa. In Europe however they're failing hard!

Gerard

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gerard on May 24, 2015, 07:21:16 AM
I don't know how big they still are in the US. They are certainly big in South America and Africa. In Europe however they're failing hard!

Gerard
Thank God!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 23, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
This explains the earthquake in Somalia.
So god still has shitty aim.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

Now that gay marriage is legal, next thing you know, gays will get married! And if that happens, there will be married gays!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

trdsf

Whup, flooding in Texas and Oklahoma.  No doubt because of Ireland.

Man, and I thought the storm troopers in Star Wars couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

wolf39us

I wouldn't have seen this coming so soon.  I really thought Ireland was far too religious given their recent anti-blasphemy laws!

Gerard

Quote from: wolf39us on May 26, 2015, 10:52:09 AM
I wouldn't have seen this coming so soon.  I really thought Ireland was far too religious given their recent anti-blasphemy laws!

Ireland has changed a lot recently. The Catholic church has lost a lot of credit there. And they lost it fast! Modernisation, economic growth (now in decline again of course) new generation and of course lots of Catholic related scandals..... Horrible consequences resulting from their draconic abortion laws and the way they treated children and young people under their childcare, awful stories have come up how orphans and pregnant girls were treated in the Catholic homes the state put them in back in the fifties and sixties. That didn't do much for their popularity either.

Gerard

eylul

Scandinavian countries always make me so excited. I think I need to live in any of them.

Goon

the straight guy with a few kinks in my closet is happy for this..
You evolutionists are spoiling our fun!

Savior2006

Quote from: eylul on May 26, 2015, 05:03:14 PM
Scandinavian countries always make me so excited. I think I need to live in any of them.

I always figured that if religious zealots in the Republican party made the country unlivable (which ISN'T too likely given how even Jesus-stan America is becoming less religious over time) I'd go live in a place like Norway or Sweden where the people are generally happy and not that religious.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Gerard

Quote from: Savior2006 on May 28, 2015, 11:49:23 AM
I always figured that if religious zealots in the Republican party made the country unlivable (which ISN'T too likely given how even Jesus-stan America is becoming less religious over time) I'd go live in a place like Norway or Sweden where the people are generally happy and not that religious.
I'd go to Italy. People may be more religious there than in Scandinavia, but the weather is better.....

Gerard

Gerard

More from the Irish cabby:

Gerard