News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Raspberry Pi micro arcade machine.

Started by the_antithesis, March 08, 2013, 07:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

LINK

What is says on the tin. A Raspberry Pi modded to fit in a mini arcade cabinet and runs MAME.

[youtube:3b1kna98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5npkz0xY1fo[/youtube:3b1kna98]

Kosh

Pretty neato! Been thinking about getting one to play with.
"God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man." - Nanrei Kobori

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

pr126

A miniature ZX Spectrum (from 1982.)  
I did have a ZX 81.

Fidel_Castronaut

Ha, that's cool. I've got one on my desk at work but never really used it for anything.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Kosh"Pretty neato! Been thinking about getting one to play with.
Who are you?
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Kosh

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Who are you?

God.
"God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man." - Nanrei Kobori

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Kosh"
Who are you?

God.
A rather absent one, considering that I've never seen you before.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Plu

Quote from: "Kosh"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"Who are you?

God.

Is there any other kind?

Kosh

Quote from: "Kosh"God.

I don't see how any of this is relevant for the thread. If you want to ask me who I am please do so through a PM. I'd rather not derail OP's thread.

In hindsight this should have been my first response to you. Instead of trying to be "cute",  sorry for that.

Jutter

The Rasberry Pi is cute, but considering how android comes with devolper tools included, how nessecary an initiative is it education wise?
I think the R-Pi will mainly end up getting embraced by the hobbyist tech-crowd, intergrating it into whatever wild project they have in mind. Which I expect will give more cool results like this.

(By the way, the German Conrad stores really overprice the Pi.)
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Plu

QuoteThe Rasberry Pi is cute, but considering how android comes with devolper tools included, how nessecary an initiative is it education wise?

I'm guessing the price card helps quite a lot. From what I saw, it's only a $25 machine, even with developer tools included it might be hard to find an android box at that price. And it's affordable enough that you can buy one for each person in a class in school, so that everyone can play with them.

NitzWalsh

Also Android is an operating system, not hardware. I don't know if they've succeeded yet, but there is a group trying to get Android to run on Raspberry Pi. So the major advantages with Raspberry Pi are cost, and being able to mess with hardware.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Jutter

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteThe Rasberry Pi is cute, but considering how android comes with devolper tools included, how nessecary an initiative is it education wise?

I'm guessing the price card helps quite a lot. From what I saw, it's only a $25 machine, even with developer tools included it might be hard to find an android box at that price. And it's affordable enough that you can buy one for each person in a class in school, so that everyone can play with them.
I was thinking it would be an overabundance in classrooms where tablet computers have all but replaced the old backbreaker-schoolbag, and I was also thinking that's pretty much where things are headed on the long run.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Plu

The advantage of a raspberry pie over a tablet is that you don't have to be afraid to muck it up with your software :P
They're also easier to solder extensions on to. But I see the point of the tablet taking stuff over for a lot of things.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Kosh"I don't see how any of this is relevant for the thread. If you want to ask me who I am please do so through a PM. I'd rather not derail OP's thread.

Since you have been absent, if you might do a fresh intro thread.  Stick around, stay a while.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.