News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gardening thread

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 20, 2015, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Here's a time lapse of my basil getting unwilted. It's rather relaxing to watch.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Marlo

I have always found gardening peaceful.Though I am still a bit of a novice in the area I actually enjoy gardening more at home rather than doing it outside this could be because I don’t have a good sized backyard.I recently found a blog online from rbc clean that mentioned some tips on how to properly maintain indoor plants (http://www.rbcclean.com/blog/indoor-plants/3-tips-to-keeping-up-with-periodic-plant-maintenance/) . I felt that this blog contained some good points and so I thought about sharing it here.Hope you guys find it useful. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Marlo on October 12, 2016, 01:20:06 AM
I have always found gardening peaceful.Though I am still a bit of a novice in the area I actually enjoy gardening more at home rather than doing it outside this could be because I don’t have a good sized backyard.I recently found a blog online from rbc clean that mentioned some tips on how to properly maintain indoor plants (http://www.rbcclean.com/blog/indoor-plants/3-tips-to-keeping-up-with-periodic-plant-maintenance/) . I felt that this blog contained some good points and so I thought about sharing it here.Hope you guys find it useful.

I garden outdoors, but indoors too.  I grow fancy lettuce inside all Winter.  Nice additions to the daily salad.  I have a 4 shelf stand that sits by the south-facing deck door.  I think I will dig up a few bell pepper plants this year and see if I can get anything from them.  They are naturally perennials.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

My roof garden is shaping up for the summer.
Will plant 3 rose bushes next week.
The weather has turned cold and rainy again.

[/url]

[/url]

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on April 29, 2018, 10:42:16 AM
My roof garden is shaping up for the summer.
Will plant 3 rose bushes next week.
The weather has turned cold and rainy again.

[/url]

[/url]

You know, for a crazed idiot Nazi, you are a are a darn good gardener...  I'll admire THAT!

pr126

Thanks for the compliments. :(

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 02, 2018, 03:28:27 AM
Thanks for the compliments. :(

Youactually have a red-leaved japanese maple in a container?  I'm slightly-to-very in awe.  Whta do you do with it in Winter?  Or does is survive outside where you are?  I'm considering one.

pr126

I have 4 acers in pots for many years.
No problem with winters, it is in a sheltered place, not much frost.
So far so good.

We do not get hard prolonged frosts here. Snow for a few days, maybe every 10 years.
I live in the South of England, and we have the gulf stream to moderate the weather.

Hobbies: Photography, gardening, computers/technology, reading, music, cooking and long walks.

I have a photo album of my patio every year. Enjoy.

My patio 2015

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 02, 2018, 03:51:52 AM
I have 4 acers in pots for many years.
No problem with winters, it is in a sheltered place, not much frost.
So far so good.

We do not get hard prolonged frosts here. Snow for a few days, maybe every 10 years.
I live in the South of England, and we have the gulf stream to moderate the weather.

Hobbies: Photography, gardening, computers/technology, reading, music, cooking and long walks.

I have a photo album of my patio every year. Enjoy.

My patio 2015

Utterly impressive!  Those are all spectacular and great pics too.  I don't have a good collection of pics, but you can get a good idea from this one post on my cat-blog from last year...  https://marksmews.blogspot.com/2017/08/garden-tour-thursday_17.html.  Sorry I couldn't do a simple link, but paste it it and you will see lovely flowers with a lovely cat as your guide. LOL!

pr126

Nice kitties. I am sure they are lots of fun, not to mention the good company.

Here is a rose I planted yesterday. Arthur Bell
The photo was taken some years back but lost it. This is a replacement.

These are all the roses I grew on my balcony over the years. 

Baruch

No lavender roses?  My dad loved roses, an we had a lavender rose in the backyard when I was 12.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on May 02, 2018, 01:11:42 PM
No lavender roses?  My dad loved roses, an we had a lavender rose in the backyard when I was 12.
Must admit, I never saw one.  Very pretty.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 02, 2018, 01:30:36 PM
Must admit, I never saw one.  Very pretty.

Not to overlook your great flowers in the least bit, but what kind of camera are you using.  My good digital camera  on a tripod at macro setting won't take pics like THOSE!

pr126

@ Cavebear

Canon 7D with a Canon 60mm macro lens which I have sold since with all the lenses and accessories.
All I have now is a Canon G7X and the Oneplus 5T cellphone. Still making good photos.
Not forgetting Photoshop and Lightroom.

[spoiler] [
[/spoiler]

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 02, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
@ Cavebear

Canon 7D with a Canon 60mm macro lens which I have sold since with all the lenses and accessories.
All I have now is a Canon G7X and the Oneplus 5T cellphone. Still making good photos.
Not forgetting Photoshop and Lightroom.

[spoiler] [
[/spoiler]

I gave up on serious cameras when I discovered that f stops made as much sense to me as E=Mc sq.

I get good enough pics for my blogs with a Canon Powershot ELPH 1130 IS (and that was a step back from a previous camera that was harder to manage)  But it takes pretty good pictures...