News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gardening thread

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 20, 2015, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Pulled a few cucumbers out of the garden today... I think I also saw Satan and Jesus frolicking together around my mulch pit of doom. Nah, that's just crazy. They must have been trying to capture the vege-souls.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Had my first red tomato from the garden today.  Damned. .I forgot how tangy a tomato off the vine tastes..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Well, my tomato flowers taste good too. I look forward to having actual tomaters.

AllPurposeAtheist

Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes. ..
I just picked these today. .I really need some new recipes for using tomatoes.  We're getting overrun by the red menace. .

kilodelta

Daggum. It looks like you done setup a shootin' range.

I'd look up recipes for ketchup... salsa... or other things that will last into the winter.

kilodelta

Sadly, my tomatoes are green... and very small.

kilodelta

I've been gobbling down tons of cucumber recently...

AllPurposeAtheist

I've finally got new petunias growing and blooming from the seeds of the first plants I purchased back in the spring.  Soon I'll be harvesting seeds for next spring along with other varieties of plants. This year was my test season, but next year I'll have many many more plants I won't have to buy. . I need to get busy soon constructing a small greenhouse or at least a glass box for starting plants early. .I have a 3'x5' glass that was part of an exterior door,  double pane so I'm figuring either a seed box or putting a glass roof on the old wood shed to make it into a greenhouse. .

pr126

OK, don't want to open a new thread, this will do just as well.

Photos from my garden Summer 2016

A work in progress...

Enjoy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on July 09, 2016, 02:52:46 AM
OK, don't want to open a new thread, this will do just as well.

Photos from my garden Summer 2016

A work in progress...

Enjoy.

I lke it. There was a thread you used to post your pics. Did we lose it in some crash?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 09, 2016, 06:21:51 AM

I lke it. There was a thread you used to post your pics. Did we lose it in some crash?
More than once. I think about four times in the last 11 years.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on July 09, 2016, 08:28:43 AM
More than once. I think about four times in the last 11 years.

Oh...that's annoying. Well, nice garden post updates please. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 12, 2016, 11:52:13 AM
Oh...that's annoying. Well, nice garden post updates please. 

I am adding more photos regularly. Just watch the post with the link. More added since last time.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on July 12, 2016, 12:04:57 PM
I am adding more photos regularly. Just watch the post with the link. More added since last time.

:)

E: This is also good for me to learn the names.

pr126

Here are some more  photos from previous years of my patio.

My Garden 20009

My Garden 20010

My Garden 20011

My Garden 20013

My Garden 20015