Author Topic: Draw and paint Thread (2.0)  (Read 30953 times)

Offline Shiranu

Re: Draw and paint Thread (2.0)
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am impressed.  I can barely draw a straight line free hand.  But I was a fine mechanical engineer in high school.  I loved isometrics.

Had to look it up, but that is pretty cool. I really like 3d artwork and need to start incorporating it more into my stuff.

Latest drawing, going to be seeing this artist (Slushii) in two weeks and am trying to start a collection of drawings for all the concerts I go to.

(his real logo)

"I can’t move on, I can’t relax. ’Cause when you're gone... panic attacks." - Elohim

"Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny" - Steve Maraboli

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2018, 09:38:20 PM »
Had to look it up, but that is pretty cool. I really like 3d artwork and need to start incorporating it more into my stuff.

Latest drawing, going to be seeing this artist (Slushii) in two weeks and am trying to start a collection of drawings for all the concerts I go to.

(his real logo)

Well, given tools, I can design and then build.  But people who can "draw" amaze me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline SGOS

« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
One of PickelledEggs'

It was to big to view the whole thing, so I downloaded it and resized it to see the whole drawing of "Default Value."  Good work.

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2018, 01:50:58 AM »
One of PickelledEggs'

It was to big to view the whole thing, so I downloaded it and resized it to see the whole drawing of "Default Value."  Good work.

Thank you, SGOS. I really appreciate that. I actually just recently got that one back from the museum in Spain
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2018, 01:55:16 AM »
The school I teach at had an open house today and they were short a model for my friend's demonstration. I sat in and was on the opposite side of the easel for once lol

This is his drawing of me
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:58:24 AM by PickelledEggs »
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2018, 03:11:15 AM »
The school I teach at had an open house today and they were short a model for my friend's demonstration. I sat in and was on the opposite side of the easel for once lol

This is his drawing of me

I like the glasses, nose, and mouth.  Well, done.

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2018, 12:43:41 PM »
Yeah, he's a great artist and a great friend

Offline SGOS

« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
I took a couple of art classes in college.  I wasn't very good, but we had to do a charcoal of a living model.  She didn't take her clothes off.  It was a 101 level class.  But I did get her shape right and her position, and I was even thinking I had done a particularly good job, although I could never draw a face, except for maybe the smiley face icon.  So I just drew the shape of her head, and left the face blank.  But it still looked OK to me, like the face was left blank for artistic effect, rather than as evidence of incompetence.  It was done on one of those large size pads like the ones in PickelledEggs' photos.  When I turned in, I managed to tear off a corner, but the drawing was still intact.

Later, the art department had a student art show, and I was surprised to see my charcoal on display.  It was just stapled to a huge display board in amongst a bunch of other paintings, sculptures, etc of other student's work, still with the torn corner, like it was a throw-away, but something the art department salvaged from a pile of discards.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:34:54 PM by SGOS »

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2018, 03:37:37 AM »

(his real logo)

Sorry about the isometrics reference.  It was natural to me.  We all know what we know.  LOL!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk