News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

after almost a year hello again

Started by SoldierofFortune, May 20, 2015, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

greetings from turkey.

i'm newbie here. now i'm at the age of 26 and i have been an atheist since i was 18. of course a new-born baby is an atheist but after thinking deeper one can descibe himself as an atheist more confidentely. i have answers in my mind and i can debate all of muslims as an ex-muslims.

i'm studying at the department of electronic engineering. all of our lessons are %100 in english; so it's important to improve english language skills and to know better. i think to myself that being a member of an english-spoken forum and reading here helps me.

thank you.

wolf39us

Sup?  I'm sure plenty of people can help you with your English here as time goes by!  Welcome to the forum.

Solitary

Welcome back aboard soldier! My son took up electronic engineering and owns his own company in California making mega bucks. Excellent choice!  :super: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 20, 2015, 01:27:20 PM
greetings from turkey.

i'm newbie here. now i'm at the age of 26 and i have been an atheist since i was 18. of course a new-born baby is an atheist but after thinking deeper one can descibe himself as an atheist more confidentely. i have answers in my mind and i can debate all of muslims as an ex-muslims.

i'm studying at the department of electronic engineering. all of our lessons are %100 in english; so it's important to improve english language skills and to know better. i think to myself that being a member of an english-spoken forum and reading here helps me.

thank you.
I haven't been here a year, but I can say--welcome! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Solitary on May 20, 2015, 03:33:19 PM
Welcome back aboard soldier! My son took up electronic engineering and owns his own company in California making mega bucks. Excellent choice!  :super: Solitary

at the times we live in, unfortunately, to be a business man is a problem of having capital; not to graduate.

thanks.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 21, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
Merhaba.
merhaba size de. teşekkürlerimi sunarım.
artık bundan böyle ben de bu forumda takılma kararı aldım. 2. türk ben oluyorum galiba.
daimi müdavim üyeleri azıcık da olsa tanıma fırsatı buldum ve çok arkadaş canlısı ve sevecen bir ortam olduğuna kanaat getirdim. sizce de öyle değil mi?
burada olmaktan memnuniyet duyuyorum. siz de burada müdavim olduğunuza göre mutlaka bir bildiğiniz vardır demektir.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 21, 2015, 02:16:48 PM
merhaba size de. teşekkürlerimi sunarım.
artık bundan böyle ben de bu forumda takılma kararı aldım. 2. türk ben oluyorum galiba.
daimi müdavim üyeleri azıcık da olsa tanıma fırsatı buldum ve çok arkadaş canlısı ve sevecen bir ortam olduğuna kanaat getirdim. sizce de öyle değil mi?
burada olmaktan memnuniyet duyuyorum. siz de burada müdavim olduğunuza göre mutlaka bir bildiğiniz vardır demektir.

Evet, müdavimiyim. Ben aslında daha eski bir üyeyim. Bir ara yoktum, hesap yenilendi. 3 seneden fazladır buralardaydım ve çok daha önce de bir kere uÄŸramıştım kısa süreliÄŸine. ArkadaÅŸ canlısı olduÄŸu pek söylenemez. Ateist olduÄŸun için sana öyle davrandılar. Herhangi bir dinin ya da tanrının reklamına tahammülleri yok elbette. Her tür insan var. ÇoÄŸunluk Amerikalı. Amerika'nın her yerinden insan var. Avrupalı da var. Ä°ngiliz, Ä°talyan, Ä°sveçli, Ä°skoç... Bazen tımarhaneye döner. Bazen sakindir. Bazen kavga çıkar. Kolay sertleÅŸtiÄŸi olur. Ben iki üyeyle tanıştım da yüz yüze. Genelde iyi insanlar ve onlar da kendilerine göre etraflarındaki saçmalıktan bıkmışlar. Ama hem çok farklı, hem çok benzer dünyalardanız. Benim ilginç bulduÄŸum bu.   

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 20, 2015, 01:27:20 PM
greetings from turkey.

thank you.
Welcome.

As for english, you make a couple minor spelling mistakes, but that's pretty common even for native speakers.  The word I should always be capitalized and the percent sign should be placed immediately after the number, not before it.  And it's english-speaking, not english-spoken.  Other than that, excellent!

Solomon Zorn

Welcome, Fortune! I used to help a former Iraqi soldier with his English, so that he could e-mail transsexuals that he met online (true story). Your written English is much better than his. The only things I would add to Hydra's critique, is that "ex-Muslims" should be singular (referring to yourself), and that "Turkey," "English" and "Muslim" should be capitalized as well.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait just a cotton pickin minute here..

Is your voice as sexy as our "other Turkish" atheist?  I, of course don't know who that might be..

Welcome and really..I'm not hitting on you.. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 21, 2015, 04:27:24 PM
Is your voice as sexy as our "other Turkish" atheist?  I, of course don't know who that might be..

SoldierofFortune

thanks all of you for your friendly welcome.

greetings.