Saudi Arabia advertises for eight new executioners as beheading rate soars

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 18, 2015, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Need a job, but lack experience?  As Republicans love to push, JOBS JOBS JOBS!
QuoteSaudi Arabia is advertising for eight new executioners, recruiting extra staff to carry out an increasing number of death sentences, usually done by public beheading.

No special qualifications are needed for the jobs whose main role is “executing a judgment of death” but also involve performing amputations on those convicted of lesser offences, the advert, posted on the civil service jobs portal, said.

The Islamic kingdom is in the top five countries in the world for putting people to death, rights groups say. It ranked third in 2014, after China and Iran, and ahead of Iraq and the United States, according to Amnesty International figures.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/18/saudi-arabia-advertises-eight-new-executioners-beheadings-soar
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Would I have to move? Could I just push a button online?

As a matter of fact, I hereby establish electronic-electrocution-execution.com or (E2 Execution). Who wants to buy stock?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

The Skeletal Atheist

Do they provide me with a sword or do I have to bring my own at the interview?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe it's just me but I want my executioner to have a little experience and at least the strength to get the job done right the first time.. None of this "Oops, I missed" shit..

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 18, 2015, 10:19:26 PM
Maybe it's just me but I want my executioner to have a little experience and at least the strength to get the job done right the first time.. None of this "Oops, I missed" shit..
Not everyone gets to be in the pro leagues. Sometimes you're just the practice dummy.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Uurrhhh what, huh, middle ages, is that you? *holds up oversized ear trumpet*
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on May 19, 2015, 06:18:34 AM
Uurrhhh what, huh, middle ages, is that you? *holds up oversized ear trumpet*

The Middle Ages? Aren't you being optimistic?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TomFoolery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsMMVgIToA

I don't know why they don't move into the 21st century and cut jobs in favor of technology. Sheesh.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

DeathandGrim

You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

Atheon

Do you have to be expert at different methods, like head-chopping, stoning, hanging and arrow shooting?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

bbdbbb

I enjoy had experience with a meat cleaver but I don't believe in Allah. Can I still apply?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 19, 2015, 03:01:30 AM
Iyyhh. And why 8? Not 5 0r 10?
They probably only need 1, but you know...sick days, maternity leave,  vacation time and heck,  they don't want to have to pay overtime..