News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We Don't Know, So God Did It.

Started by Solitary, May 09, 2015, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

God- unliving proof of man's infinite laziness, we were too lazy to research what actually caused something, so it must be GOD
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm not quite sure how the little plastic thingy on the end of my shoestrings come undone so I give up and must admit that god does it.. God is in the shoestring business..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

trdsf

I am desperately trying to remember who it was that said "'God' is the noise a brain makes when it's tired of thinking."  'Cause it's not original with me, though I wish it were.  Might be Hitch, but I dunno.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

Quote from: trdsf on May 11, 2015, 03:30:33 AM
'God' is the noise a brain makes when it's tired of thinking."

Super!
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Great video featuring one of my heroes.

Green Bottle

''God' is the noise a brain makes when it's tired of thinking."

Im stealing this trdsf, i know  you wont mind, a noise in my brain said it was ok.. :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on May 11, 2015, 03:30:33 AM
I am desperately trying to remember who it was that said "'God' is the noise a brain makes when it's tired of thinking."  'Cause it's not original with me, though I wish it were.  Might be Hitch, but I dunno.

I sometimes say that "God is a noise people make when they don't know what they're talking about."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

I dunno how motion dedecdors wurks on dem dur electronical automatical doors, so.. Gawd gone dun it!! :O

I was watching a video talking about the hercules-corona borealis great wall, the largest celestial body ever discovered. It's a cluster is space so large in terms of how many light years across it is, that it might rewrite what we know about the universe..

.. And because scientists discover something new and not yet sort a means to explain it, right away the godly crew jump in yelling 'GAWD DUN IT, GAWD DUN IT, STOPID SCIENTISTS, GAWD MADE UNIVERSE!"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Hey, and no one knows what dark energy or dark matter are -- maybe the accelerating cosmological expansion is really just god inhaling!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on May 14, 2015, 12:39:18 PM
Hey, and no one knows what dark energy or dark matter are -- maybe the accelerating cosmological expansion is really just god inhaling!
God is the light.  Dark energy isn't his thing.  How could dark energy be God?

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on May 14, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
God is the light.  Dark energy isn't his thing.  How could dark energy be God?
Actually, in a very precise sense, dark energy is god -- in that it's a label for that which is not currently understood.

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on May 14, 2015, 01:41:17 PM
Actually, in a very precise sense, dark energy is god -- in that it's a label for that which is not currently understood.

Well, I guess you're right.