What are you praising and thanking The Lord Thy God for today?

Started by 1liesalot, May 15, 2015, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

Today I have thanked and gave praise to God for giving kids leukemia and not curing them when it is within his gift to do so.

Munch

I'm praising God for reminding me of how good butt sex is. I mean his followers love thinking about it, so they give us reminders all the time.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

doorknob

I'm praising god thy lord for the fact that most of my family are ass holes. I'm glad they accept me for the screw up they think I am. And I'm glad that I make good decisions for my children yet my family thinks I'm the worse mom ever. Praise the lord!

SGOS

I'm thanking God for his efforts to stamp out the lie of evolution in public schools.  I'm still waiting for him to bring modern cosmology to it's knees, and give us the real skinny on that firmament thingy.

Munch

I'm thanking god for making me realize it doesn't matter that you don't have a huge IQ, what matters is knowing your not batshit insane.

Solitary

Today I thanked an imaginary God for giving me a hunchback for a son, prostate cancer, deep vein thrombosis twice, multiple lung emboli, an unstable heart and ischemic attack by a blood clot, and finally the big C with prostate caner along with the inability to ever have sex again and a frigid Catholic wife, and a girlfriend I loved that never came back after 5 years. I never thanked Him for the lacerated left forearm that cut all the arteries and veins, nerves, and ligaments from shrapnel, or those wonderful free floating anxiety, panic attacks, from PTSD, and getting too fucking old to enjoy life to the fullest like I used to.  :fU: Solitary   
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Im thankin gawd for reducing the price of a bottle of Johnny Walker red label to 15 quid in Tesco, well done........... :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

I'm thanking gwad and jesush for all them repubcuns--who'd thunk a group could be so collectively stupid??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

I'm thanking god and jesus, for all the gold.. that has gone to the vatican, made into structures and thrones and ornaments, instead of all the poor people, he clearly didn't pray hard enough to god.

Odoital778412

Quote from: 1liesalot on May 15, 2015, 02:04:25 PM
Today I have thanked and gave praise to God for giving kids leukemia and not curing them when it is within his gift to do so.
Honestly, that I am not blinded to His reality, and that despite my deserving nothing more than punishment, I've been given eyes to see and ears to hear.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -

Atheon

Quote from: Odoital778412 on May 24, 2015, 05:16:47 AMHonestly, that I am not blinded to His reality, and that despite my deserving nothing more than punishment, I've been given eyes to see and ears to hear.
Good parody! Sounds almost like the real thing!

Now my turn:

I give my thanks to Christ above
for His great gift of sacred love.
And should I turn to atheism,
May he fill my bowels with jism.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Odoital778412

Quote from: Atheon on May 24, 2015, 05:32:56 AM
Good parody! Sounds almost like the real thing!

Now my turn:

I give my thanks to Christ above
for His great gift of sacred love.
And should I turn to atheism,
May he fill my bowels with jism.
No parody.  I'm quite serious.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -

Atheon

Quote from: Odoital778412 on May 24, 2015, 06:19:23 AM
No parody.  I'm quite serious.
Good job! You may one day convince someone you're actually a theist!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Quote from: Odoital778412 on May 24, 2015, 05:16:47 AM
Honestly, that I am not blinded to His reality, and that despite my deserving nothing more than punishment, I've been given eyes to see and ears to hear.
This is a part of christianty  that has puzzled me deeply.  The 'deserving nothing more than punishment' part.  Why do you think you deserve punishment??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?