Does anyone know why God created us? Was he bored?

Started by 1liesalot, May 13, 2015, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Oh look, fresh meet just walked on in without so much as a hello.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Lategreatplanet on June 01, 2015, 03:44:58 PM
To demonstrate love in action via His salvation provision which is on behalf of each individual which was done at great cost. Think of Christ bearing the penalty of sin personally on a infinite timeline that was created for each person individually which was executed by His capability to compress infinity to a non-infinite time. Everyone's name is written in the Book-of-life, but some are expunged since by committing the unpardonable sin (which committed upon their death) of not accepting this was done on their behalf. Those persons will have their name expunged from that book which are opened at the Great White Throne Judgment. Those that believe this was done on their behalf, appear at the Judgment Seat of Christ. So, in the end, everyone stands before the Moral Ruler of the universe. Also, humans were created for the education of the Angels ("which things the angels desire to look into"). The reason God doesn't get bored is because of the Trinity (3 Persons sharing one divine nature).
Ahhh--Comedy Central came for a visit. :))))))))))  Welcome!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

As a kid I was told it was because god was lonely. But then I wondered what exactly made him so goddamned lonely after several billion or trillions of years..  Seems like he had a perfectly fine hobby just making planets and stars and so on, but the story goes that none of that was around until just a few days before.. So let's recap.. Bored, makes planets and stars, gets really fucking lonely, makes Adam, rips out a rib for Eve, waits an undetermined time, kills everyone else except Noah and his bunch and promises to do it again except with fire next time, but next time gets to blame it on the Mooslims!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

To demonstrate love in action via His salvation provision which is on behalf of each individual which was done at great cost. Think of Christ bearing the penalty of sin personally on a infinite timeline that was created for each person individually which was executed by His capability to compress infinity to a non-infinite time. Everyone's name is written in the Book-of-life, but some are expunged since by committing the unpardonable sin (which committed upon their death) of not accepting this was done on their behalf. Those persons will have their name expunged from that book which are opened at the Great White Throne Judgment. Those that believe this was done on their behalf, appear at the Judgment Seat of Christ. So, in the end, everyone stands before the Moral Ruler of the universe. Also, humans were created for the education of the Angels ("which things the angels desire to look into"). The reason God doesn't get bored is because of the Trinity (3 Persons sharing one divine nature).
Oh look, a drive-by theist.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

:popcorn:

AllPurposeAtheist

AtheistLemon

But if that's true, then why does God value humans more than angels if humans are simply a teaching device?

Lategreatplanet

"Oh look, a drive-by theist."
Just driving by to see what you low-lives were doing, and of course, you were yammering way like crows.
I am who I am" was His responds to a question about His identity.

Hydra009

Quote from: Lategreatplanet on June 02, 2015, 01:44:03 AM
"Oh look, a drive-by theist."
Just driving by to see what you low-lives were doing, and of course, you were yammering way like crows.
Cows don't yammer, you're thinking yams.  Common mistake.

drunkenshoe

The God character is not a psycho, it is a classical landlord. A male monarch ruling with absolutes. Because it is created by male landlords in their own image. It imposes their desires.

It evolved through human history according how to scare them to obey, use. When people stop being scared of thunder, they won't worship the force behind it. Then you need to invent something they can recognise to be scared of. I don't mean it is a conspiracy, it just happens by itself. Fear is the most powerful human reality.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Odoital778412

For our benefit and His glory.  With respect to the Christian concept of God, it would be impossible for Him to experience boredom, as He has no needs or otherwise experiences no lacking in any area of His being.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -

drunkenshoe

Quoteit would be impossible for Him to experience boredom,

I thought your god was omnipotent and nothing was impossible for him, that he was capable of knowing everything at the same time. How does an entity who doesn't experience boredom can create a creature that can feel it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 02, 2015, 02:52:29 AM
The God character is not a psycho, it is a classical landlord. A male monarch ruling with absolutes. Because it is created by male landlords in their own image. It imposes their desires.

It evolved through human history according how to scare them to obey, use. When people stop being scared of thunder, they won't worship the force behind it. Then you need to invent something they can recognise to be scared of. I don't mean it is a conspiracy, it just happens by itself. Fear is the most powerful human reality.
I totally agree, that christianity did not grow as a conspiracy.  It grew by natural selection.  The early christian sect was, of course, totally made up of Jews in the beginning.  The Jewish society was awash in sects of Jews looking for a messiah.  Apparently this was a bit of a fad.  There were so many, that not all of them could survive in the long run--one or two had to come out on top.  Christianity was one that came out on top.  We have little to none of the literature the other sects generated not because the christians conspired to destroy it, but they chose to ignore, change or not use it.  And it slowly disappeared. 

I think you landlord analogy holds water.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 02, 2015, 02:52:29 AM

Maybe that's why god made Eddie Murphy. .:think:
https://youtu.be/hZ0up_MjsLk

Sal1981

wat