Does anyone know why God created us? Was he bored?

Started by 1liesalot, May 13, 2015, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

As an atheist, I don't have to worry about any of this shit but here are some questions for believers about the nature; character and motivation of their so called savior. I keep asking them but they don't seem to have answers.

What was God's objective when he embarked on his creation project? Why did he bother when he already knew it would cause trouble .

And why aren't you afraid of the fact that your God is consistently depicted as a psychopathic, narcissistic, peeping tom twisted by hate and bile and rage. Why do you give constant, fawning praise to this monster? For what? For killing everyone in a flood and sending us shit like leprosy and Bubonic Plague and Polio. For expecting us to thank him for gifting us earthquakes and tsunami's and soldiers capable of raping and killing babies.

More to the point, why would you even want the twat to exist?

stromboli

When the concept of god was created, ultimately the question arose as to why he created us. There are probably many answers, but the most consistent one is that we were created to worship him. Why a perfect, beyond understanding all inclusive god who can do literally anything needs to be worshiped, I do not know. But that does lend itself as evidence that god is made up, since creating us for the sole purpose of worship would indicate he is vain, which is a human quality.

Consider that famous and wealthy and narcissistic people want to be looked up to, i.e. worshiped, one can conclude that was attributed to god. 

Solitary

God or gods, and creation are all assumptions looking for proof, which ultimately are conformation biased beliefs, which may, or may not be true. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Hijiri Byakuren

The simple answer is that he started out as part of a pantheon, and later his name was given to every member of that pantheon, even though he was originally just the god of war. Also, no attempt was ever made to retcon the reasons for man's creation to match the new monotheistic system.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Atheon

Assuming gawd exists, and that he's bible-gawd:

He needed to be worshipped and obeyed.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

When you are an all powerful being that craves worship and thirsts for ultimate control, and you are sitting there in an empty universe all by yourself with no one to meet your needs and grovel at your feet, you would have few options but to create a race of underlings that you could push around and use to satisfy your ego.

Termin

For sake of argument I can think of two logical reasons

It was an accident.
He was bored.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Munch

Being a fictional character and having known a lot of fictional characters of a similar nature, I believe it can come down to the fact of his own vanity, God loved himself so much he made tiny versions of himself he could mess with, play around with, as his personal amusement.

I really still cannot fathom the depth of ignorance in faith worshipers in the modern day, not to even look at what this cult made fairy tale being actually does, these people who cherry pick parts from their own faith to use against those who don't follow it, while missing out other parts that would contradict there own beliefs.

Ah, but i'm just letting off steam here.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AtheistLemon

While I was still a creationist, I believed in the stupid excuse of "God works in mysterious ways" as an explanation of why he created us. Later, when I began to think more logically after learning of evolution, I started to suspect that our creation was more or less an accident and God was simply experimenting with evolution.

SGOS

"God works in mysterious ways" always struck me as the ultimate explanation for any contradiction, illogic, or simply anything that makes absolutely no sense about God.  You can fall back on this explanation for anything.

Munch

I like to imagine, that the idea of god came about, when a tribal villager had contracted a lethal shitting disease, where he kept shitting and anything eh ate just came right back out, so he was slowly dying. On his rather potent death bed, he began to have 'visions', since he was the village wise man, which really where just bad memories of his father raping his sister, but the 'visions' translated into these made up characters, which the local medicine man wrote down, and spread the word about it.

Yes, i like to imagine god came about because of a shitting virus.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Atheon on May 15, 2015, 01:30:24 AM
Assuming gawd exists, and that he's bible-gawd:

He needed to be worshipped and obeyed.

Like a human male. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

I like the idea that the Universe split itself into tiny little fragments so it could understand was it was.

Lategreatplanet

To demonstrate love in action via His salvation provision which is on behalf of each individual which was done at great cost. Think of Christ bearing the penalty of sin personally on a infinite timeline that was created for each person individually which was executed by His capability to compress infinity to a non-infinite time. Everyone's name is written in the Book-of-life, but some are expunged since by committing the unpardonable sin (which committed upon their death) of not accepting this was done on their behalf. Those persons will have their name expunged from that book which are opened at the Great White Throne Judgment. Those that believe this was done on their behalf, appear at the Judgment Seat of Christ. So, in the end, everyone stands before the Moral Ruler of the universe. Also, humans were created for the education of the Angels ("which things the angels desire to look into"). The reason God doesn't get bored is because of the Trinity (3 Persons sharing one divine nature).
I am who I am" was His responds to a question about His identity.