Does anyone remember 90s rock band "Living Colour"?

Started by Brian37, March 08, 2013, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmpty

That's the nice thing about music; everyone can like what they like.
???  ??

NeoLogic26

I heard about these guys and their probably most notable song "Cult of Personality" by playing GTA: San Andreas. It was one of the songs on the Radio X station.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Brian37

Yea that is the song they are known for.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Fuck you Brian.. I'm writing the ABBA fan club right now to tell them you've been cheating on them. YOUUUUU DIRTY bastard! :evil:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Thumpalumpacus

I love Vernon's playing.  He's a big influence on my own playing.  I love Reid's note choices.  He did not get stuck in pentatonic boxes, that's for sure.  I'm also a big fan of Jimi's.  Hetfield is a great metal guitarist, but I think is by far the most limited of the three stylistically.  

LC's second album, Time's Up, is my favorite.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Mathias

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "Mathias"There is no way to compare Hendrix with most modern guitarists because he influenced everyone after him. What did he do with the resources he had and with his autodidactism, today is something intangible, unless that the guitar, pedals and amps would have to be reinvented in a very radical way, and, of course, if another genius born...

Completely disagree. For the reasons I stated. IF IF IF all things are equal and both were to audition I would pick Reid way before Hendrix.

But they are not equal and what you choose does not change the "time" factor that exists between them. This is anachronism.
I could quote great guitarists who were influenced by Hendrix and he had no previous reference when comparing what Reid did.
"But IF IF IF yet all things are equal", I would have invented active bass pickup and discovered  E=MC².

As my dad said, the cemetery is full of "ifs": if she were a doctor instead of church...:)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.