News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Questions about speciation experiments

Started by Conradine, May 13, 2015, 07:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conradine

1) Beside fruit flies, I read somewhere that speciation has been observed in butterflies. Someone knows something about that?

2) Has speciation ( no possibility of inbreed between original species ) succesfully reproduced in fruit flies? If yes could you specificate if it's pratical speciation ( exemplars refuse to inbreed due different behiavours / coloration ecc. but can still be forced to do ) or complete speciation ( no chance to inbreed even in controlled conditions )?

3) Has speciation successfully reproduced in bacteria, or other micro organisms?

4) Has pratical speciation ( no chance to inbreed due differencies in size or form of genitalia or too different behiavours, but inbreed still teorically possible under controlled condition ) been reproduced in more complex animals ( fish, reptiles... mammals, mabye? )

PS English is not my native language, I'm trying to make myself comprensible. Feel free to insult but gimme an answer, please.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Conradine

Already done that research, thanks...
and I found contradictory results. Some says the experiment failed ( inbreed still possible ), some says it succeded.

I found not the specific answer to question 3 ( bacteria speciation ), and no mention at all about question 4.

So, if you can put a tiny bit of effort and answer with your own words...

stromboli

Or you can do your own research. This is a forum for discussion, not biology 101.

aitm

Maybe someone else will help you, evolution has been so proven that I don't even bother to argue about it anymore.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 09:03:18 AM
Already done that research, thanks...
and I found contradictory results. Some says the experiment failed ( inbreed still possible ), some says it succeded.

I found not the specific answer to question 3 ( bacteria speciation ), and no mention at all about question 4.

So, if you can put a tiny bit of effort and answer with your own words...

1. If you have specific questions about the subject, you should post that in to a science forum where you can find people working or studying the subject.

2. We both know where this is going and what kind of a conversation you'll try to pick up. (Based on your introduction thread to the forum)

3. I don't see why I have to show an effort to get in to a conversation with someone who thinks she can knock the door of a bunch of perfect strangers and 'correct' them based on her delusions and home cooked approaches to hard core science issues.

And trust me, this^ counts as an effort. I'm not a 'nice' person. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 13, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

1. If you have specific questions about the subject, you should post that in to a science forum where you can find people working or studying the subject.

2. We both know where this is going and what kind of a conversation you'll try to pick up. (Based on your introduction thread to the forum)

3. I don't see why I have to show an effort to get in to a conversation with someone who thinks she can knock the door of a bunch of perfect strangers and 'correct' them based on her delusions and home cooked approaches to hard core science issues.

Lol Shoe, I love it when you're forceful......  :flowers:

Conradine

QuoteI don't see why I have to show an effort to get in to a conversation with someone who thinks she can knock the door of a bunch of perfect strangers and 'correct' them based on her delusions and home cooked approaches to hard core science issues.

To show your moral and intellectual superiority?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Conradine on May 13, 2015, 09:43:39 AM

To show your moral and intellectual superiority?

Again, you are in the wrong kind of forum. Try a religious one. 'Moral and intellectual superiority' is their department. We don't see ourselves at some high and mighty place to 'correct' people and their lives.

Want to share an opinion? Go on. Don't preach or teach your delusions.

Conradine

My opinion is...

that there is a difference between DNA incompatibility and breeding incompatibility.

For example, goats and sheeps have a morphological incompatibility that brings the ( very rare ) hybrid to death due deformities...
but the fetus developes, and sometimes lives some months.
So it's not a real DNA incompatibility ( like cat and dog ).

Then I would be curious to know if the breeding incompatibility between mutated flies are due DNA or too different anathomy.

Conradine

( and no, I can't just google the answer. I'm melting my intelligently-designed brain over it but I haven't found specific enough articles )

SGOS

Once there were only fishes, but one day a little fish was born with legs instead of fins and lungs instead of gills.  It couldn't breath underwater, but it quickly ran on the bottom of the lake with it's new little feet and up on the shore into the air before it drowned, and it felt better, so it started teaching the other little fishes to run on their little feet and breath the air.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on May 13, 2015, 10:25:48 AM
Once there were only fishes, but one day a little fish was born with legs instead of fins and lungs instead of gills.  It couldn't breath underwater, but it quickly ran on the bottom of the lake with it's new little feet and up on the shore into the air before it drowned, and it felt better, so it started teaching the other little fishes to run on their little feet and breath the air.
Well, shit..................that was easy.  Why didn't my biology teacher just teach that in HS--then I would have understood.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 13, 2015, 11:07:39 AM
Well, shit..................that was easy.  Why didn't my biology teacher just teach that in HS--then I would have understood.

Beats me.  I guess you have to shroud biology in mountains of unfathomable mystery.  Otherwise, your biology teacher wouldn't have much to teach.

Solitary

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 13, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

SmOff   Tell me about it! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.