Should the bible carry a government health warning?

Started by 1liesalot, May 12, 2015, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

The Bible is definitely not for kids. Should there be a warning on the cover? What with all the slaughter and cannibalism and incest and everything? Surely the term the "Good Book" is the biggest trading standards swizz of all time.

stromboli

Simple solution is to just file it under adult fiction.

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Munch

Churches themselves should come with warning signs outside so minors aren't allowed to enter. It might protect a few more 7 year olds asses from Catholic priests
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

WARNING Religion is more dangerous than marijuana!  :weed: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: Desdinova on May 12, 2015, 02:43:58 PM
How about a manga version?

Just for kicks, I looked that up.  Funniest thing I've seen all day.

Jesus is bishōnen!  He has a nice goatee, too.

Unbeliever

My personal Bible has several such warnings taped inside the cover. A few choice cartoons, too.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

kilodelta

If books came with an official rating scale like movies, then yes. The Bible would have to be for adults only with lines like this: "And their flow of semen appeared to be as much as that of horses."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

How ironic- their #1 book would be banned for sexual content if it weren't their #1 book.  :doh:

AllPurposeAtheist

Every bible ought to be sold with its own cherry picker..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

DeathandGrim

You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

trdsf

I would love to own a bookstore just so I could have religious works filed with other fantasy fiction.

And yeah, some sort of mental health warning would be good.  "WARNING: This book has been known to cause hate crimes, wars and persecutions.  If at any point the narrative seems to be plausible, it is recommended that you stop reading immediately."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

"All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

Somewhere, I remember someone having stickers made up or a stamp that said something like "Caution:  The contents of this book contain incest, rape, and violence, and should not be read by children."  Maybe it said "This Bible....," rather than "This book."  Anyway, they were sticking the warning on a Bible every time they went to a motel.  I thought it was a great idea.