All a person needs to be evil is to follow orders

Started by dtq123, May 11, 2015, 07:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

This reminds me of a message I wrote on a forum years ago that made sense at the time.

There are no monsters under the bed, or in the cupboard, or in the basement. There are no vampires or werewolves or zombies out to get you when you sleep at night, and no boogie men waiting to invade your dreams, there are all fictional. The real monsters in this world, looks like everyone else.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

The biggest monsters of today are all wearing 3 piece suits and proclaiming themselves children of god.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on May 11, 2015, 07:23:48 PM
This reminds me of a message I wrote on a forum years ago that made sense at the time.

There are no monsters under the bed, or in the cupboard, or in the basement. There are no vampires or werewolves or zombies out to get you when you sleep at night, and no boogie men waiting to invade your dreams, there are all fictional. The real monsters in this world, looks like everyone else.
Well, Munch, I think that still makes a good deal of sense.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on May 11, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
The biggest monsters of today are all wearing 3 piece suits and proclaiming themselves children of god.
Yes, indeed!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

How many blindly follow orders in the military for good? The patriotic and religious idealists that follow authority into hell are the worst offenders of evil deeds!  :madu: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Let's think to the recent controversy about the American sniper and the chris kyle debate, on what he did, and how it was hyped up to make him seem like a hero and how tragic it made his death out to be.
Anyone, who goes to another land, kills defenceless citizens, and then hypes it up like a video game score, that to me is no different then as described in this video. A person with power, who cuts themself off from human empathy and morality, just to 'get the job done' isn't any better then the horror stories you read from the second world war.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on May 11, 2015, 07:23:48 PM

I've decided that humans invented such monsters as vampires, werewolves, etc. because they couldn't stand the fact that humans are the most evil creatures in the world, and can do the most monstrous things to each other.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman