Nebraska Woman Files Lawsuit Against All Homosexuals Everywhere

Started by stromboli, May 05, 2015, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.kcci.com/news/woman-files-federal-lawsuit-against-all-homosexuals/32815688

QuoteAUBURN, Nebraska â€"A Nebraska woman has filed a federal lawsuit asking for a judge to decide if homosexuality is a sin, The Omaha World Herald reports.

The woman from Auburn said she is an ambassador for God and his son, Jesus Christ.

The World Herald said Sylvia Driskell cited Bible verses and said in the lawsuit "that homosexuality is a sin and that they the homosexuals know it is a sin to live a life of homosexuality. Why else would they have been hiding in the closet(?)"

The Herald said Driskell is representing herself in the lawsuit.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

If this woman develops a cancerous growth in her brain years for now, I'll take some great pleasure in knowing my very existence has brought this about.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on May 05, 2015, 07:17:51 PM
If this woman develops a cancerous growth in her brain years for now, I'll take some great pleasure in knowing my very existence has brought this about.

Lol. Expect a tornado in Nebraska any time now.

GrinningYMIR

QuoteThe woman from Auburn said she is an ambassador for God and his son, Jesus Christ.

The World Herald said Sylvia Driskell cited Bible verses and said in the lawsuit "that homosexuality is a sin and that they the homosexuals know it is a sin to live a life of homosexuality. Why else would they have been hiding in the closet(?)"

seriously?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Maybe we can sue her for talking, since women aren't allowed a voice according to the buybull, and wearing mixed fabrics is a sin to so theres another notch, oh and thou shall not bear false witness, in other words bullshitting is considered a sin.

I think theres more cases of sin held against her from her own rhetoric then what she can come up with against anyone else.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Termin

Not that this will ever make it to court, although I would like to see it go to court just for the comedic possibilities.

As I understand it, you have the right to face your accuser based on the 6th amendment. So God and or Jesus are required by law to show up :)

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

SGOS

She's not asking the judge to find it illegal.  She wants him to declare it a sin.  As you know, a sin is much worse than illegal.  She's pulling out all the stops on this one and going straight for the jugular.  No fooling around anymore.

Aletheia

Meh... ask her to reflect on how she handles her own sins and the realization that God considers all sins equal. She may find that she asks for forgiveness for her own sins. It's a moot point decrying something as a sin when it can be so easily forgiven by the Christian deity.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Deidre32

The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

trdsf

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA*breathe*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*breathe*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*collapse unconscious*

*wakes up* Hey, can I countersue if JC and Big Daddy don't show up to support her in court?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

stromboli

How long did that take to type?  :eek:

Who exactly is she expecting to show up at court? Is Anderson Cooper and his SO going to arrive with a lawyer? I don't know which is more pathetic, the fact that this woman could be so clueless or the fact that she actually represents a body of rank and file Christians. It would not surprise me if there is an internet fund raiser to support her cause.

drunkenshoe

Sylvia Driskell. On the road to present her case.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: stromboli on May 06, 2015, 01:22:19 AM
How long did that take to type?  :eek:

Not very.  Copy, paste, and the magic of exponential growth.  :D

Anyway, I suspect that this is a case that will get on the court's calendar only so the judge can have it thrown out so hard that this idiot is across the street from the courthouse before she actually hits the pavement.  Even in Nebraska, most judges are aware that they decide on what's the law, not on what's a sin.  Funny how she couldn't find a lawyer to take the case, even there.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Green Bottle

Sylvia Driskell
U have no brain in your head
          O stupid stupid
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''