Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Draw and paint Thread (2.0)

Started by Jutter, March 07, 2013, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

A couple of quick sketches from this morning

PickelledEggs

Commission that I just finished up. The spaceship is the Swrodfish II from the anime Cowboy Bebop
I'll post again, when I have a scan... after it dries.

PickelledEggs

A couple of quick sketches I did yesterday

PickelledEggs

Here's my finished painting of the Swordfish 2

PickelledEggs

Gurren Lagann sketch

I'll do a refined one for Anime Fan Fest to have at the booth I will be

PickelledEggs

I had an idea for a comic centered around the idea that Satan was just handed the short end of the stick and stuck with the shitty jail warden job.

While I was at barnes and noble last night with some artist friends for a business meeting, I drew some random people (like a total creep... lol) and turned this one guy sitting to the side of me in to the depressed Satan stuck with a shitty job lol

Johan

Quote from: Shiranu on November 20, 2015, 10:17:23 PM
Four Flowers

I wish I had the talent to do like your's, Pickled... I don't have the hand or eye for the realistic, or even anything nearly as amazing as you can do. Just generic abstract shapes and piling a bunch of simple drawings tightly so it looks more complicated than it is.
It is very common for people to be their own worst critic. It is also very common for people with a some level of aptitude for a particular thing to focus too much on what they're not able to do and therefore allow that to stop them from doing what they are able to do. I see it in artists all the time.

If I had a dime for every musician I've known who stopped writing original material because 'Paul Simon/James Taylor/Bruce Springsteen/you get the idea is so good and I'll never be able to write that well so why bother?' What they fail to see is that 1. even Paul Simon couldn't write like Paul Simon when he only had a few dozen songs under his belt and 2. There are lots of very talented and very valid artists out there who will never be able to do what Paul Simon does yet they still do what they do and the world is a better place for it.

Don't let what you can't do stand in the way of what you can do.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PickelledEggs

Quick 30 min drawing I did. (6"x9" charcoal and white pastel on paper)
Trying to get more accurate, while staying loose and doing it things more quickly.

PickelledEggs

And shir, I second what Johan says to a "T".

Don't beat yourself up too hard about artwork. When you're evaluating your own work, you should ALWAYS see room for improvement and look for ways to improve the next go-around, but in terms of any piece you just completed, you need to go down this check list:
-Did I do what I aimed to?
-Did I do it to the best of my ability this time?

There you go. A checklist of only 2 things you need to worry about. Always look for things you can improve in your work, but never piss on yourself about it... unless you slack on somethings, like I have done in the past. There have been a few things that I half-assed and I felt pretty bad about half-assing... But other than that. Never regret anything lol

PickelledEggs

QT figurine that I sculpted and hand painted for Anime Fan Fest

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEhe78cNfE

Sorry for overloading this thread with posts. Been working pretty hard. I recorded the last drawing and made a video of it. Let me know what you think of it please!

gentle_dissident

Thumbnails from a recycled notebook that's refilled with scrap paper. That makes it 4.25 X 5.5.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Shiranu on November 20, 2015, 10:17:23 PM
Four Flowers

Have you drawn on wood? Burnt wood? Colored wood? Cut wood into interesting shapes?
I'm just saying, I have a place on my wall. Wish I could afford it.

Shiranu

Receipt paper doodle...

QuoteHave you drawn on wood? Burnt wood? Colored wood? Cut wood into interesting shapes?
I'm just saying, I have a place on my wall. Wish I could afford it.

I have not. The closest to anything like that so far is that I would like to make a shillelagh and a walking stick from the oak trees where I grew up.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur