News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Draw and paint Thread (2.0)

Started by Jutter, March 07, 2013, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Solitary on July 29, 2015, 11:09:20 PM
No he isn't, he was the Buster Brown mascot I believe. zentangle? This is why I like the forum, I never heard of this before, something new everyday. There are a lot of good artist here, music, graphic art, poets, writers, and probably actors and dancers.  It's so marvelous!  :flowers:
I quite agree, Sol.  This is a very talented group!  Keeps me on my toes--entertained--and educated.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Deidre32

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 17, 2015, 10:34:42 PM
A little something I've been working on

Still in progress
Love this, nice work!!
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

PickelledEggs

Oh yeah. I forgot to post the finished/scanned/hi-res image!

PickelledEggs

jonb

An old gif I am quite fond of

A gif from hand drawn frames

A set

Shiranu

The first one broke my brain, but the other one's are pretty legit :D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Finished my commission finally. It's a lot different from my normal, fully hyper-realistic stuff.

Hi-Res Link

PickelledEggs

Finished a new charcoal drawing. It's 6"x8" and I call it "[DefaultValue(null)]"

Shiranu

Four Flowers

I wish I had the talent to do like your's, Pickled... I don't have the hand or eye for the realistic, or even anything nearly as amazing as you can do. Just generic abstract shapes and piling a bunch of simple drawings tightly so it looks more complicated than it is.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on November 20, 2015, 10:17:23 PM
Four Flowers

I wish I had the talent to do like your's, Pickled... I don't have the hand or eye for the realistic, or even anything nearly as amazing as you can do. Just generic abstract shapes and piling a bunch of simple drawings tightly so it looks more complicated than it is.
Yes, Pickles is very talented.  You and I both agree with that.  But I disagree that yours is not talented.  Most importantly, it must be satisfying on a fairly important level.  Then simply do it for that reason.  And put it on better paper--art paper, for that is what it is.  Art!  And without a doubt!  I really like both of your art and Pickles art.  They are different.  But that is even better.  Do not belittle your talent--enjoy it, practice it and it will grow.  And do not tell me that the crap that Picasso put out was better than either of yours!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 27, 2015, 03:29:42 PM
But I disagree that yours is not talented.
I agree with that disagreement.

PickelledEggs

Something I'm working on right now

PickelledEggs

Here's another I'm finishing up for a commission

PickelledEggs

My present to my brother for christmas. I've been drawing these "Nice Cat" drawings (as I like like to call them) for a while. This is my first more realistic one lol