News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Draw and paint Thread (2.0)

Started by Jutter, March 07, 2013, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Just finished a new video drawing progression.

It's a bit longer and might take some patience to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeEdbdpJiNQ

GrinningYMIR

If I have a good imagination but horrible hands could I still create good art?

Failing that, does anyone know of any good software programs I could learn to use to create them?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 05, 2014, 07:04:07 PM
If I have a good imagination but horrible hands could I still create good art?

Failing that, does anyone know of any good software programs I could learn to use to create them?
If you have linux, there is a TON of good free software you can use.
GIMP is a good alternative to Photoshop. (I actually like it a little better) Inkscape is an Adobe Illustrator clone, Blender is 3d modeling software. I'm sure there are more too.

If you go to this website, you can download and burn Ubuntu Studio to a cd and try it. It's preloaded with all the creative software... graphics, audio, video... etc

GrinningYMIR

I'm going to try it Pickel, I might force you to look at some of it

YOU WILL SUFFER MUAHAHAH
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Just a little doodle I did today... for my first time trying to make a paisley design, I think it came out okay. Was using those really cheap, crappy pencils that you give little kids, so it's not too refined...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on June 01, 2014, 07:15:33 PM
Just a little doodle I did today... for my first time trying to make a paisley design, I think it came out okay. Was using those really cheap, crappy pencils that you give little kids, so it's not too refined...

I like it!

PickelledEggs

Did a quick sketch of Sylla, the Lone Druid from Dota 2

Solitary

Am I the only one that misses Sabrina the Witch, her drawings, and posts?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Solitary on September 05, 2014, 11:10:30 AM
Am I the only one that misses Sabrina the Witch, her drawings, and posts?
No I miss her art posts as well as her regular posts...  :(

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

I've been on a Dota 2 Hero sketch kick lately and did 2 more sketches over the last couple days. One of Admiral Kunkka and Lina the Slayer (my favorite hero in the game)

(Kunkka)

(Lina)

PickelledEggs

Did another pen and ink sketch of a Dota character. Naix the Lifestealer

renasimplified

A comic series I was thinking about.  It's all cutsie.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: renasimplified on November 21, 2014, 09:11:05 PM
A comic series I was thinking about.  It's all cutsie.
I saw these today. I think they are beautifully done. I feel the emotion radiating from them. Art done from the heart is always my favorite.

PickelledEggs

I went to my friend's solo show today, here is the imgur album of the work he did for the show

http://imgur.com/a/SEnnH

PickelledEggs

I drew and framed my christmas present to my dad today.

(yes that is a mini version of me lol)