News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Draw and paint Thread (2.0)

Started by Jutter, March 07, 2013, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on April 08, 2018, 02:44:18 AM
I am impressed.  I can barely draw a straight line free hand.  But I was a fine mechanical engineer in high school.  I loved isometrics.

Had to look it up, but that is pretty cool. I really like 3d artwork and need to start incorporating it more into my stuff.

Latest drawing, going to be seeing this artist (Slushii) in two weeks and am trying to start a collection of drawings for all the concerts I go to.

(his real logo)

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on April 12, 2018, 03:00:23 PM
Had to look it up, but that is pretty cool. I really like 3d artwork and need to start incorporating it more into my stuff.

Latest drawing, going to be seeing this artist (Slushii) in two weeks and am trying to start a collection of drawings for all the concerts I go to.

(his real logo)

Well, given tools, I can design and then build.  But people who can "draw" amaze me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

One of PickelledEggs'

It was to big to view the whole thing, so I downloaded it and resized it to see the whole drawing of "Default Value."  Good work.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: SGOS on April 14, 2018, 11:23:18 AM
One of PickelledEggs'

It was to big to view the whole thing, so I downloaded it and resized it to see the whole drawing of "Default Value."  Good work.

Thank you, SGOS. I really appreciate that. I actually just recently got that one back from the museum in Spain

PickelledEggs

The school I teach at had an open house today and they were short a model for my friend's demonstration. I sat in and was on the opposite side of the easel for once lol

This is his drawing of me

Cavebear

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 15, 2018, 01:55:16 AM
The school I teach at had an open house today and they were short a model for my friend's demonstration. I sat in and was on the opposite side of the easel for once lol

This is his drawing of me

I like the glasses, nose, and mouth.  Well, done.

PickelledEggs

Yeah, he's a great artist and a great friend

SGOS

I took a couple of art classes in college.  I wasn't very good, but we had to do a charcoal of a living model.  She didn't take her clothes off.  It was a 101 level class.  But I did get her shape right and her position, and I was even thinking I had done a particularly good job, although I could never draw a face, except for maybe the smiley face icon.  So I just drew the shape of her head, and left the face blank.  But it still looked OK to me, like the face was left blank for artistic effect, rather than as evidence of incompetence.  It was done on one of those large size pads like the ones in PickelledEggs' photos.  When I turned in, I managed to tear off a corner, but the drawing was still intact.

Later, the art department had a student art show, and I was surprised to see my charcoal on display.  It was just stapled to a huge display board in amongst a bunch of other paintings, sculptures, etc of other student's work, still with the torn corner, like it was a throw-away, but something the art department salvaged from a pile of discards.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on April 12, 2018, 03:00:23 PM

(his real logo)

Sorry about the isometrics reference.  It was natural to me.  We all know what we know.  LOL!

Shiranu

Three doodles I've done lately - using a free phone atm, so camera quality is pretty poor.

The Hooded Student

The Bird

The Tomahawk

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Skateboards, Cyborgs and Self-Portraits - looking at buying some blank boards and using them as a canvas, maybe make a few thousand dollars worth of boards (the hand-painted ones I'm finding sell for $500+) and put them up on my wall like I'm rich.

Maybe make a longboard for personal use; having my own signature board sounds kinda cool.

Shiranu

Since painting didn't work, pen will have to do. I think it's doing fine.

Shiranu

Lil' progress on the board.

Shiranu

I... forgot to take a photo of the skateboard when I was done before giving it as a gift.

Well, just finished this copper-leaf piece so... that will have to do.

Unbeliever

That looks a lot like the kinds of fractal images I can draw with my Fractview app. It's open source, ad-free, and easy to use.
👍
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman