Author Topic: Draw and paint Thread (2.0)  (Read 31204 times)

Offline Shiranu

Re: Draw and paint Thread (2.0)
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »
Two pictures of my latest work project... done 2 inbetween this one and the last one, but gave them to coworkers.

Once I finish a couple more of these, and hopefully on more professional canvas, I'm going to contact several of the local coffee houses' curators and see if I can get my work featured. Also starting to try to work on my social media game & influence so I can start selling prints.
"I can’t move on, I can’t relax. ’Cause when you're gone... panic attacks." - Elohim

"Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny" - Steve Maraboli

« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Two pictures of my latest work project... done 2 inbetween this one and the last one, but gave them to coworkers.

Once I finish a couple more of these, and hopefully on more professional canvas, I'm going to contact several of the local coffee houses' curators and see if I can get my work featured. Also starting to try to work on my social media game & influence so I can start selling prints.
I am impressed, Shiranu!  Great work.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »

If you put me in jail, with equipment, to get out when I completed a corner of that, I couldn't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56:33 AM »
Stupa 1 - Very abstractly, it became a stupa rising out of the jungle covered in prayer flags, with plant overgrowth on it, with a holy mountain peeking out of the clouds on the left and a flower-like sun overlooking it all. All together, spent about 8 hours drawing it, but that was at work so realistically closer to 4, on 8 1/2 by 14 paper.

Spoiling Day 1 & 2 just to keep things tidy.

Day 1

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Day 2

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Day 3 - A few more mandala like side-bits to the stupa, the entire flower-like sun, and then after work about an hour on the sky inbetween the two.

Will be framing it and giving it to one of my coworkers, making it the first piece I have given to someone else, hence the main reason I am sharing it here.
"I can’t move on, I can’t relax. ’Cause when you're gone... panic attacks." - Elohim

"Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny" - Steve Maraboli

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2017, 04:39:05 AM »
When are they up for sale?  I can admire what I can't do.

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »

When are they up for sale?  I can admire what I can't do.

I actually just saw this post...

Honestly, not sure. Right now I am trying to build up a collection, and then figure out how to go about getting prints made... and then probably setting up an etsy or something. I'm really just kinda fumbling along and hoping I do something right at the moment.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »

I actually just saw this post...

Honestly, not sure. Right now I am trying to build up a collection, and then figure out how to go about getting prints made... and then probably setting up an etsy or something. I'm really just kinda fumbling along and hoping I do something right at the moment.

Patterns fascinate me. 

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2018, 02:20:38 AM »
Been doing these quick oil portraits. Each of these took about an hour - 2 hours

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:00:38 AM by PickelledEggs »
"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:28 AM »
Not sure why it posted it so huge.....
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2018, 04:38:32 AM »
Not sure why it posted it so huge.....

No problem.  I found that if I clicked and held it moving left, I saw the whole image.  Nice!

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
No problem.  I found that if I clicked and held it moving left, I saw the whole image.  Nice!
ok Awesome
Thanks!!

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »
My version of Seven Lions' logo (still in progress, it's going to be mirrored... top filled in around, bottom just filled in within the logo)...

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2018, 12:56:03 AM »
My version of Seven Lions' logo (still in progress, it's going to be mirrored... top filled in around, bottom just filled in within the logo)...

I love all the small details.  Are those free hand?

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »
I love all the small details.  Are those free hand?

Yep.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »
Yep.

I am impressed.  I can barely draw a straight line free hand.  But I was a fine mechanical engineer in high school.  I loved isometrics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk