News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Help Hydra design a world

Started by Hydra009, January 02, 2024, 02:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 18, 2024, 06:46:57 PMI came up, many years ago, with a concept I called "SkyHomes." Basically, they are giant derigibles that are large enough to support habitats that people and their animals can live in. They use hydrogen for lift, but the technology is such that accidents don't happen. The hydrogen is replenished,  when needed, from the oceans. They can rise above any bad weather, and have craft that gives the occupants access to the ground when needed.
Have you ever read the Gaea Trilogy by John Varley? He has HUGE zeppelins in the second book.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

No, I haven't! I guess I'll have to have a look, when I can get hold of them. 👍
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 18, 2024, 08:18:36 PMNo, I haven't! I guess I'll have to have a look, when I can get hold of them. 👍
They have whole ecologies living on/in them. They are ALIVE.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I tried to find an audiobook on YouTube, but so far, no luck. 🥸
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 18, 2024, 06:46:57 PMI came up, many years ago, with a concept I called "SkyHomes." Basically, they are giant derigibles that are large enough to support habitats that people and their animals can live in. They use hydrogen for lift, but the technology is such that accidents don't happen. The hydrogen is replenished,  when needed, from the oceans. They can rise above any bad weather, and have craft that gives the occupants access to the ground when needed.