News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheistforums.com Beta Site

Started by wolf39us, May 02, 2015, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Understand this is an upgrade with no modifications.. .BUT, I thought I'd point to you guys a new version of this board software

http://atheistforums.com/test

The login is at the VERY top left (I had to look for it myself).

Anyways, you guys are welcome to poke around if you want.  See if you like what SMF will be doing with their new board software.

Johan

Looks fine to me. When does it go live?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

More shit for the old codger to figure out. I'm being forced into computer literacy at gunpoint.  :eek:

SGOS

Does this change in format have something to do with my avatar disappearing?  I've noticed there are a few others who have lost avatars.

the_antithesis

It's forum software. I fail to see anything all that different to necessitate a change. Perhaps if you'd explain what features this does add that makes a change worthwhile or whatever other reason (such as our current version no longer being supported or something) that you're looking at this now.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: wolf39us on May 02, 2015, 09:40:53 AM
Understand this is an upgrade with no modifications.. .BUT, I thought I'd point to you guys a new version of this board software

http://atheistforums.com/test

The login is at the VERY top left (I had to look for it myself).

Anyways, you guys are welcome to poke around if you want.  See if you like what SMF will be doing with their new board software.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

test

Odd, I was getting a session time out when I tried to preview a quick post.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

wolf39us

Don't have both this site and the other site open on the same browser at the same time.  Funky things happen due to the way cookies interact with the site

wolf39us

Quote from: the_antithesis on May 02, 2015, 11:56:00 AM
It's forum software. I fail to see anything all that different to necessitate a change. Perhaps if you'd explain what features this does add that makes a change worthwhile or whatever other reason (such as our current version no longer being supported or something) that you're looking at this now.

I'm not likely going to change it.  No worries, I just thought it might be fun to poke around the new software and see if people like it.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

wolf39us

APA I give up trying to impress you :-)

trdsf

Are there (or will there be) links for 'new replies to your posts' and 'all unread topics'?  'Cause those are how I make my way around.  Check to see what trouble I've caused, and then check to see what new trouble there is to get into...

Or are they already there but cunningly hidden?

As long as I have those, I can manage in a new software environment.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

wolf39us

I'm not sure yet, I'm new to the software myself.  I'm pretty capable of modifications if necessary, but I'll play with it soon

aitm

For those of us (me) less technified, what would be the pro's of changing to this new fangled beta fish thingy?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: wolf39us on May 02, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
APA I give up trying to impress you :-)
Drop over to the house and paint the soffits and I'll be impressed.. See how easy I am to impress? :biggrin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.