News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What makes this wrong?

Started by Drummer Guy, April 24, 2015, 03:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

It's wrong for all the reason's pretty much already stated above.

1 The child can't consent so it's rape. Irrelevant whether the child was harmed.
2 sex with children is wrong. Irrelevant of whether the child was harmed.
3 if the child is viable and would come out of the coma it would then be harmful to the child indefinitely.
4 It's wrong to use humans like an inanimate sex toy under any circumstances.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

The Skeletal Atheist

What's wrong with fucking a dead kid? It's the same damn question. Here's a hint: if you are fucking a dead kid something isn't right with you psychologically.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

TrueStory

Quote from: doorknob on April 28, 2015, 12:26:57 PM

1 The child can't consent so it's rape. Irrelevant whether the child was harmed.
3 if the child is viable and would come out of the coma it would then be harmful to the child indefinitely.

I was going to say something similar but your #4 applys to children only but if a consenting adult wants to be used like an inanimate sex toy then so be it.

Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Drummer Guy

Quote from: doorknob on April 28, 2015, 12:26:57 PM

You, and several other, have missed the point.  What makes these things wrong?  I agree with all of your points, and so does my friend who asked the original question.  But the question is, why is it wrong?  All you're doing is restating that you think it's wrong.

There are others who have given me some good material to work from.  Contractarianism has the best interest of all parties in mind, as determined from an outside, unbiased, perfectly rational observer.  Our society protects those that cannot defend themselves.  This is wrong for the same reason that a date rape drug is wrong, even if the victim never knows about it and doesn't have any noticeable harm done, it's still taking advantage of someone without their consent.  The intention of the offender is also to be considered, do they have everyone's best interest in mind, or do they only have their own best interest in mind?  If you need to subdue someone in order to get what you want, then you've violated the social contract.

Follow up thoughts?

aitm

Quote from: Termin on April 26, 2015, 10:23:46 PM
Morality did not evolve because there were punishments for immoral acts, it evolved because there wasn't.
That is a most excellent point. You should trademark that. I like it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drummer Guy

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 01, 2015, 03:13:30 PM
What's wrong with fucking a dead kid? It's the same damn question. Here's a hint: if you are fucking a dead kid something isn't right with you psychologically.
When you say "something isn't right" you make it sound like humans are intended to be a certain way.  Is that what you think?

Drummer Guy

Quote from: Termin on April 26, 2015, 10:23:46 PM
Morality did not evolve because there were punishments for immoral acts, it evolved because there wasn't.
Wouldn't it be more true to say that about the law and social justice?  It would make more sense for a recognition of morality to evolve first, and then for the law to evolve because there are no punishments for immoral acts.

Termin

Quote from: Drummer Guy on May 06, 2015, 07:17:27 PM
Wouldn't it be more true to say that about the law and social justice?  It would make more sense for a recognition of morality to evolve first, and then for the law to evolve because there are no punishments for immoral acts.

Basic morality, which I would define as not hurting those in your own tribe/family group,  would have  evolved long before we even had languages, let alone laws.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

DeathandGrim

Alot of this is wrong. I'm more than certain that several people would expose said child molester before he even gets out his wallet and also alert police. I also think that the power of crowdfunding and internet activism would see this child to a safe home. So this scenario is a tad unlikely IMO.

Now back to why this is wrong. The motive is all wrong. It's like Hansel and Gretel where the Witch feeds the kids and entertains them first. That's all there needs to be said about that. He's not saving the kid's life really because he's most likely going to fuck it up even worse when he wakes from the coma.

You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

doorknob

Quote from: Drummer Guy on May 06, 2015, 07:15:52 PM
When you say "something isn't right" you make it sound like humans are intended to be a certain way.  Is that what you think?

Um we pretty much are programmed to be a certain way. Science and psychology prove that. Humans behave in similar ways to similar situations for the most part. Of course there are exceptions but from a generalized perspective they are intended to be a certain way. Not saying that deviating from that is wrong. In some cases deviating from the normal human reaction is the right thing to do, it's just rare. So yeah fucking dead things is not a prescribed human behavior.

And I did not restate that it was wrong. If you can't understand the reasons why it's wrong what is it you are looking for? What would be by your definition an except able description of immoral? Please give an example.

Sal1981

No consent; basically rape.

ahplshutup

Introduction of "pedophile" has made it so obviously wrong. There's no trick answer that could possibly argue against this.

Summertimeyeah

Quote from: Drummer Guy on May 05, 2015, 03:43:25 PM
You, and several other, have missed the point.  What makes these things wrong?  I agree with all of your points, and so does my friend who asked the original question.  But the question is, why is it wrong?  All you're doing is restating that you think it's wrong.

There are others who have given me some good material to work from.  Contractarianism has the best interest of all parties in mind, as determined from an outside, unbiased, perfectly rational observer.  Our society protects those that cannot defend themselves.  This is wrong for the same reason that a date rape drug is wrong, even if the victim never knows about it and doesn't have any noticeable harm done, it's still taking advantage of someone without their consent.  The intention of the offender is also to be considered, do they have everyone's best interest in mind, or do they only have their own best interest in mind?  If you need to subdue someone in order to get what you want, then you've violated the social contract.

Follow up thoughts?

People are getting taking advantage without their consent all the time. All the time.

Baruch

Consent is for the upper class.  Get back to work you scum!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.