Author Topic: A God That Could Be Real  (Read 10293 times)

Offline aitm

Re: A God That Could Be Real
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 03:52:20 PM »
Looky here….gawd is not some mysterious magical wizard of immense intellect and power,,,,god is hymie around the corner at the jewish deli, makes a great sammich.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline jonb

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 04:27:27 PM »
Even so, just because he might provide your lunch, that is no excuse for worshiping him.

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That is one long, drawn out way of saying "buy my book"...

And isn't that what most the TED talks are about? Just one long, drawn out way of saying "buy my book, buy my product, visit my website"?
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن الصباح - ليس هناك ما هو صحيح ، كل شيء مسموح به

Offline jonb

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 04:50:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And isn't that what most the TED talks are about? Just one long, drawn out way of saying "buy my book, buy my product, visit my website"?

It is true that for a while a pope or two did not want people to read their book, just give the money, but lets face it 'buy my book, buy my product, visit my website' is how religion finances itself.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
History doesn't repeat ... it rhymes.  But if it rhymes, then it is poetry.  So what people are fighting about (and the Quran is poetry for example) is why e e cummings didn't use any capital letters ;-)
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk