News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Back after 3-4 Years

Started by NewZeeelander, March 07, 2013, 05:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewZeeelander

Gday, Felt like rejoining the Atheist forums, when I last frequented this place I was studying Computer Science in University in Christchurch NZ, under the same username, but it seems it was deleted in that time. So I've recreated my account. Then an Earthquake semi ruined my house and city and I moved to Sydney and worked hard with some travel around Europe in between.

I'm sadly still an Atheist, was hoping for an epiphany but find myself 4 years more experienced and that much more wiser... though when I was in University I cared about the bigger picture in religion, politics, life, history...everything... nowdays having entered the work force' trials and tribulations and rised the ranks to a more comfy spot, I care less about the bigger picture and more about paying rent... priorities have shifted alot, I no longer get a kick out of late nights partying as often as I once did. I live with very likely the girl I will marry in a apartment in Sydney and some brit backpacker flatmates.

I work in a start-up software dev/mobile dev related company in Sydney

In 4 years I've seen friends marry, have children, start companies, I've learnt a lot about my history (some parts more pride inducing than others), and met relatives from different parts of the globe. I've made new connections and friends, but from all of my experiences I've begrudgingly and disappointedly only reinforced my belief that all notions of religion are man-made.

Being from a conservative Catholic family, and the awkward life confrontations that entails when you're un-avoidably an atheist I can only feel my point of view is particularly un-bias... also it seems all of my devout catholic grandparents will be alive and kicking when I aim to get married and my Mum, Aunties (dunno about Uncles), and grandfolk... expect a traditional marriage... it'd be easier to live a lie sometimes :D

Anyway that ladies and gents is my life story, I have a hunch I'll be frequenting a few forums including this one over the Autumn and Winter, hoping to make a few online friends.. reddit just doesnt have the social aspect of the old school forums

mnmelt

Welcome back and why "sadly still an athiest"..???

Nothing sad about having a rational brain.!!  =D>
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

aitm

Indeedilydoo welcome back from the brink, the abyss, the labrinth, the...meh you get the idea.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

NewZeeelander

Quote from: "mnmelt"Welcome back and why "sadly still an atheist"..???

Nothing sad about having a rational brain.!!  =D>

Haha thanks for the welcoming peeps, in truth, I wouldn't have it any other way, but still I always hoped despite rationality some kind of experience would prove me wrong. All of my experiences have reinforced a lot of what I suspected when I was younger.

Was hoping to have to go back to the drawing board so to speak. :D

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Fidel_Castronaut

Welcome back and hi :)

You could probably see one of the admin's about looking into your account deactivation, not sure that it should have been deleted? If you're bothered, that is. God knows, post count is everything.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Ogre

blackbear89

"I'm sadly still an Atheist"
Then you are not an atheist if you called on this statement.  :roll: