News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

alright, new guy here

Started by Ogre, March 07, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre

Hi all. New guy posting from central texas.....

i had to search out a forum that might contain more like minded people.......i post on several other forums completely unrelated to atheism/religion/science/skepticism, and im finding myself frequently frustrated because everywhere i turn, I'm surround by theists and/or people who just cant seem to THINK

*sigh*

hope to find a little comfort and outlet here!

the_antithesis

[youtube:2wipj918]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdbg_Q-LMI[/youtube:2wipj918]

[spoil:2wipj918]Odd thing is, the line from that clip is the name of a band.

[youtube:2wipj918]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gOCz8xe9PU[/youtube:2wipj918][/spoil:2wipj918]

Ogre

stromboli

Plu

Welcome to the forums :) The only theists you find here are chewtoys, and they're kinda funny.

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.

Rick Perry and Chuck Norris, and Jerry Jones. UGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I do not envy you. On the bright side, Huston does have an openly lesbian mayor. And Austin seems to be progressive compared to the rest of that state.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

mnmelt

Welcome..!! you're safe here..!!  :-D
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Ogre

thanks everyone!

Quote from: "Brian37"Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.

Rick Perry and Chuck Norris, and Jerry Jones. UGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I do not envy you. On the bright side, Huston does have an openly lesbian mayor. And Austin seems to be progressive compared to the rest of that state.

yeah.....i hear Austin is better than most of texes, though to be honest i have nothing but southern california to compare it to. Coming from so cal, central texas is horrible to me.
I refereed to myself as agnostic when i lived in California. I think largley because i was never pressed, or pushed with the subject of religion. i rarely if ever got religious solicitation at my home. Religion wasn't a frequent topic of conversation in any of the circles i hung out it. Hell, i would know people for months or years before i even got around to figuring out if they held beliefs in deities. Just didn't seem to be important to most people there.

I move to texas, and suddenly I'm regularly being asked what church i go to, getting solicited at my door a couple times a week, and being told i need jesus in my life by coworkers. It sort of forced my hand, i guess. Now I'm rather outspoken about being an atheist. I think it also helped that my wife and I had two children since we moved here, so all of the sudden i have to worry about my kids being indoctrinated/influenced when they are at school or with friends. possibly being fed bullshit about evolution being "just a theory", living a state where people want creation to be taught along side evolution  :x  

my wife doesn't care as much as me what the kids end up believing, but to me its a big deal. i will feel like i failed as a parent if they don't grow up to be critically thinking skeptics. I know, i just have to do my best to help them learn how to think and reason through things, and hope they find their way properly

wow, my bad, im ranting. Well, i guess that pretty much sums up why i went looking for a forum such as this lol

Youssuf Ramadan

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Brian37

For extra credit what did it say on Booger's t shirt, not in that scene, but in the movie? NO CHEATING.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Ogre

so, am i understanding this right: i cant post anywhere else in the forum until ive made ten posts......?

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .