News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Riding lawn mowers

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 17, 2015, 10:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

I've thought of ways of committing suicide, but neither a riding lawn mower or a 16 ton safe figure in to the mix. The Snake River and a motorcycle, maybe. Evel Knievel without the rocket and parachute.

SGOS

I came home with a new Cub Cadet today. 22 HP, grass catcher, and 42 inch cutting deck, so I can fit it in the back of my pickup if I have to take it some place.  It's a dream machine.  I decided not to try and fix the old one.  I've made way too many trips to the lawn mower repair guy for the last three years, and this was the final straw.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: SGOS on April 27, 2015, 09:27:04 PM
I came home with a new Cub Cadet today. 22 HP, grass catcher, and 42 inch cutting deck, so I can fit it in the back of my pickup if I have to take it some place.  It's a dream machine.  I decided not to try and fix the old one.  I've made way too many trips to the lawn mower repair guy for the last three years, and this was the final straw.
Shoula gone with the Craftsman.. Past few years CC has gone downhill fast from everyone I've spoken to mainly because they're made by a company,  MTD which is like the AMC Pacer of lawn tractors, but you might hit pay dirt and get a Wednesday tractor when all the assembly line people aren't hangover and/or in a hurry to get out the door on the way to the bar for the weekend.. Then again I might be wrong.. I'd definitely go over the shop manual and take a good torque wrench to the most crucial bolts to make sure they're torqued down correctly. One thing I read and agree with is to avoid gasoline with any alcohol and definitely stay away from E85.. In fact,  if you can buy premium gas with zero alcohol.  It cost more, but hey, you're probably not gonna drive it through china and back to many times.  I've had more than a few small engines turn to shit using regular gas with alcohol in it.. Good luck with your new baby bear..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

QuoteShoula gone with the Craftsman..

Now you tell me.